Windshield Repair and Replacement
If you are one of the many drivers who have recently experienced windshield damage, you are likely wondering if you repair or replacement is necessary. Glass Doctor® of Knoxville can repair many types of windshield damage and our trained team of experts can also determine whether it is best to replace the windshield. Minor damages can often be easily repaired while more extensive damage warrants a full replacement of your vehicle’s windshield.
To decide the best option for your vehicle, the specialists at Glass Doctor of Knoxville will inspect your windshield and consider a few important factors:
- Size: In most cases when it comes to windshield damage, chips that are bigger than 3/8 inch and any surface cracks longer than three inches will need to undergo a full windshield replacement. Anything beyond these parameters in most cases weakens the glass and poses a serious safety risk for the occupants of the car.
- Location: Cracks that occur along the edge of the glass will usually require full windshield replacement because they can spread easily. Chips that occur directly in the driver’s line of vision often requires replacement since the repair process can often leave glass slightly blurry.
- Timespan: The longer chips and cracks go unrepaired, the more dirt accumulates. This makes repairing more difficult and causes cracks to expand over time.
Windshield repair can be much more cost effective and can help save your windshield by sealing chips and cracks before they become a serious problem.
Glass Doctor recommends repair over replacement because:
- Convenience: Windshield repairs on most vehicles can usually be completed within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Repair is much more cost effective when compared to replacing the entire windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Many insurance companies lower or wave deductibles for repairs.
- Safety: Repairing allows all of the original factory products and equipment to remain intact.
The longer a windshield stays damaged the weaker it becomes and puts all occupants of the vehicle at risk. When the glass is weakened, earthly pressures and impacts causes the glass to shatter. To ensure a quality windshield replacement, Glass Doctor of Knoxville adheres to the following process:
- The damaged windshield is removed carefully to prevent damage to the sealing material around the frame.
- A windshield that matches the same original quality and safety rating is selected from the Glass Doctor supply and the glass is prepped for installation.
- Only Auto Glass Safety Council materials are used in all of our windshield replacements and all AGSC guidelines are followed.
- We follow our specially designed G12 Road Hazard Guarantee- if the new glass is damaged within the first year after replacement, Glass Doctor will replace or repair it for free!
The safety of you and your occupants is top priority for us. Contact Glass Doctor of Knoxville today and let our skilled team of glass experts repair or replace your damaged windshield!