Commercial Door Closer Service
When customers approach your business, they absorb many visual cues about your establishment. Easily noticeable is whether the glass in your storefront and door are in good repair or if the door does not work properly. Turn every potential customer into a loyal client with exceptional glass care. Glass Doctor® of Kitchener-Waterloo experts has the experience to provide manual door closer repair and maintenance services for your commercial door needs.
How Door Closers Work
A well-functioning door closer ensures the door to your business operates properly in accordance with local building codes fire ordinances and ADA accessibility requirements. By storing the energy used to open the door in a torsion or compression spring, a manual door closer releases the energy to close the door. Although a properly installed door closer provides some resistance as the individual opens the door, the resistance gives way to a gliding door as it opens. When the person stops providing resistance, an internal spring forces the device's arm to close the door gently into the doorframe.
Types of Door Closer Repairs
Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo specialists have a commitment to proving high quality maintenance, repairs and replacement services of all types of manual doors for businesses. Common issues include:
- Incorrect door closers: Commercial doors must have heavy-duty door closers with strong springs to support the weight. The wrong type of door closer can lead to misalignments, damaged doors and possible safety risks.
- Improper installation and adjustments: Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo experts have the right tools and equipment to install and maintain door closers. We also use the best practices in the industry to keep your door closers in good working condition and a long lifespan.
- Seal repairs or oil leaks: Broken seals in your door closer exposes clearance gaps, which leaves hardware susceptible to damage and may lead to leaks. Oil leaks may be an indication of a mechanical problem with a door closer, such as failed seals, missing screws or broken O-rings. Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo can replace the oil in the door closer.
- Difficult Lock: Any degree of difficulty experienced locking a door compromises the effectiveness of the doorframe, lock, door closer and presents a safety risk.
Our experienced specialists have the skills to install and maintain a door closer and adjust the spring to prevent a variety of potential problems, including:
- Doorframe damage
- Unusual or unexpected movements of the door
Door Closer Maintenance Services
Our professional door closer repair services ensure that every component on a door remains in proper and safe working condition. Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo also provides services for glass repairs, doorframes, hinges, thresholds and other hardware. Schedule an appointment to learn more about our door closer repair and replacement services or schedule an onsite consultation.