Advance Measurement System
Although Kitchener and the surrounding area doesn’t experience many disasters, it’s important to always have a plan to prepare, stay safe and recover to ensure business continuity if the unthinkable should occur. Glass Doctor® of Kitchener-Waterloo is happy to provide glass-related emergency preparation and recovery services that complements existing disaster plans well.
With three Great Lakes surrounding nearby communities, the Kitchener area isn’t immune to natural disasters. According to the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, natural disasters that pose the greatest risks include:
- Winter storms
- Thunderstorms and flooding
The Ministry recommends that you also consider other types of disasters when creating an emergency preparedness plan, such as blackouts, utility outages, vandalism, nuclear threats, pipe damage and building fires. Keep in mind that it isn’t enough to be prepared for a disaster; you must also have a business recovery plan in order to resume normal operations as soon as possible.
Advance Measurement for Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo’s Advance Measurement plan is a service that complements your existing disaster preparedness and business continuity plans. When you sign up for this program, a glass specialist will visit your property to take expert measurements of all the glass features, as well as notate details about it. Using the measurements and notes, the glass specialist creates a diagram of the property and identifies the areas that have glass—such as windows, bathrooms and doors—using numbers. You receive a copy of the diagram for your files, and we keep a copy with information about your account.
When any of the glass in your business breaks, find the diagram, call our team and tell us the numbers that correspond with the glass pieces that need repair. If our stock room has the glass that you need, our glass specialists will repair the broken panes right away. The repair process is even faster if we have your credit information on file.
Benefits of Advance Measurement
- Time and money savings: Because the information about the glass on your property is already recorded in our files, repairs can begin right away. Our glass specialists usually complete repairs and installations in a single trip.
- Aesthetics: If we have your glass items in stock and quickly complete the repair, you may not need to use wooden boards to secure the building.
- Security: Fast replacements reduce the amount of time that your business is vulnerable to vandalism and weather-related damage.
- Safety: Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo’s fast repair services reduce glass-related safety risks to customers and employees. We’re also happy to provide glass-cleaning services upon request.
- Business continuity: Our fast glass repairs allow you to resume normal operations in a timely manner.
To complement our business recovery services, Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo offers an in-stock replacement program. This program is beneficial if you often experience broken glass or require fast turnaround times. If you participate, we’ll store the glass pieces that break most often or would require rapid repairs in our stock room. When you call, we will already have the glass on-hand and can begin repairs immediately.
Don’t put off creating or updating your business recovery plan until the unthinkable happens. Contact Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo today to schedule an appointment with our specialists.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.