Windshield Repair and Replacement
When your vehicle encounters windshield damage, it's natural to wonder if repair or replacement is the right course of action. At Glass Doctor® of Highland, MI, we understand the importance of your windshield's structural integrity, and we are committed to getting your vehicle safely back on the road as quickly as possible. Allow our team to determine the best course of action based on the severity of your windshield's damage.
Windshield Care Factors
While our team can repair most minor cracks and chips in under an hour, we also encounter many windshields that are too seriously damaged to be repaired. In these cases, windshield replacement is necessary. Several considerations dictate whether windshield repair or replacement is the right choice:
- Size: With few exceptions, windshields with cracks longer than three inches or chips larger than 3/8 inch must be replaced.
- Location: Windshields with damage directly in the driver's field of vision must be replaced because repairs often leave a slight outline that can distract drivers. Splintered cracks near the edge of the windshield also require replacement because of their tendency to spread.
- Timespan: Chips and cracks that have gone unaddressed can gather dirt and debris, making successful repairs impossible. This is one reason why it is important not to put off having your windshield repaired.
Whether you need windshield repair or replacement, our glass specialists work with all major insurance carriers, and we even take care of the insurance filing for you. Before we work on your windshield, we advise that you contact your local agent to verify your coverage.
The experts at Glass Doctor of Highland, MI, always repair windshields rather than replace them whenever possible. To repair your auto glass, our team will first remove debris from the damaged area, and then inject resin using specialized equipment. Once injected, the resin is allowed to cure and than polished to a clear finish.
We recommend windshield repair over replacement for a variety of reasons, including:
- Convenience: Our specialists are able to complete windshield repairs quickly, often within an hour.
- Inexpensive: By avoiding having to replace an entire windshield, we can offer our customers considerable savings.
- Insurance Advantages: Because windshield repair is so much more economical, insurance companies often waive your deductible, making the service essentially free.
- Environmentally Responsible: When you have your windshield repaired, it avoids the need for old glass to end up in a local landfill.
Your windshield accounts for up to 60% of your vehicle's structural integrity in a rollover accident, according to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). So if your windshield is damaged, timely replacement is absolutely essential for the safety of your vehicle's occupants. The specialists at Glass Doctor of Highland, MI, replace all windshields that are too severely damaged for repair, performing a series of steps to make sure the integrity of your vehicle is restored before you drive away.
- First, your old windshield is removed. We use great care to avoid damaging the paint and bonding surface, which can lead to leaks and corrosion.
- Our team selects a new windshield matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality.
- We replace your windshield following procedures outlined by the AGSC using only approved adhesives.
- For passenger safety, we observe the recommended one-hour drive-away time to give the adhesive time to cure.
While you wait for your windshield to cure, a specialist will go over our standard windshield replacement guarantee. We provide a free Windshield Protection Plan with every replacement; if your new windshield sustains damage within 12 months, we will repair or replace it free of charge.
When your vehicle is in need of windshield repair or replacement, don't delay. Contact Glass Doctor of Highland, MI, today to let our team of glass specialists restore the safety and visual clarity of your auto glass.