Windshield Repair and Replacement
An intact windshield is no luxury. Without it, your car cannot offer you basic safety. The sooner you fix windshield damage, the better, which is why Glass Doctor® of Greeley provides quick, affordable windshield crack repair. We do everything in our power to fix the windshield, and if the damage is too great, we replace it. With our assistance, compromised glass will never endanger you or your family.
The first stage in windshield crack repair is to determine whether a new windshield needs to be installed. We make this decision based on:
- Location: If the crack or chip occurs directly in front of the driver's eyes, repairing the area will leave a vision-obscuring blur. Likewise, if there is a crack on the windshield's perimeter, it is likely to spread, making repair more difficult.
- Size: If the crack is less than three inches in length, windshield crack repair should be possible. Likewise, chips can be fixed if they are smaller than 3/8 inch.
- Festering damage: Windshield damage becomes worse over time. In addition to their tendency to spread, cracks accumulate dirt, which obstructs repairs. The sooner you order repairs, the easier it is to fix your windshield.
To give you more incentive to fix the damage early on, we will perform all of your insurance paperwork for you. We accept coverage from almost all major providers, but you should still call your insurance agent before visiting us and make sure the repairs are covered.
A crack in your windshield is nothing to take lightly. Visit Glass Doctor of Greeley today; our expert team has the skills to perform quality repairs and the commitment to restore your car to pristine condition.
Our Windshield Repair Process
When it is possible, windshield crack repair and chip repair is preferable to replacement. The benefits of windshield repair make it an excellent first option for vehicle owners.
Windshield Repair Benefits
- Cost: Even if you're paying out-of-pocket, you can repair your windshield for only a fraction of the cost of replacing it.
- Coverage: There's a good chance your insurance provider covers windshield crack repair in full, meaning you won't have to pay a cent if you choose it.
- Convenience: Repairs usually take less than an hour to complete.
- Earth care: Replacing a windshield uses up energy and natural resources, and the old windshield will end up in a landfill. Repairs have none of these negative environmental effects.
The first step in a windshield crack repair is to drill a hole around the damaged area and extract any debris that has become lodged within the site. We fill the hole with a resin, which will cure into solid glass over time. Once the curing process is complete, we polish the windshield to render it clear and beautiful.
Extensive windshield damage is impractical to repair, but it also makes replacement more imperative than ever. If you get in a rollover accident, the windshield will provide up to 60% of the vehicle's structural integrity, but compromised glass cannot perform this function. To spare you from danger, we replace the windshield with our expert assistance.
Our Windshield Replacement Process
- Remove the old glass without damaging the bonding surface or nearby paint
- Select a windshield that meets the original equipment manufacturer's criteria
- Select an adhesive that has been approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC)
- Install the new windshield according to the AGSC guidelines.
- Waiting for the adhesive to cure, which usually takes one hour.
All cars we service receive our Windshield Protection Plan, which provides free repairs and one free windshield replacement for all damages that occur within the next year.
Count on the Glass Doctor of Greeley to care for your windshield. No matter what type of vehicle you drive, we will restore your panes! Contact us to learn more!