Summerville Double Pane Window Installation Service
Windows are among the most critical, defining elements of any modern building—in fact, they're a key difference between our homes and what would essentially be a dark, depressing cave. From natural light and fresh breezes to views of the neighborhood, they are an indispensable part of any house. But they can cause some problems for property owners too.
Any break in your siding like a window or door, provides a way for drafts, moisture, pests and more to get inside and ruin your day. Of course, manufacturers of those types of products are constantly working to improve them and make them less of a drain on your energy resources. Getting rid of windows altogether is clearly (pun intended) not an option. That's why homeowners can reap some huge benefits from Summerville double pane window installation when it's taken care of by a qualified glass technician.
If you're ready to experience greater home comfort and reduce your energy expenses, your local Summerville glass company can help. Count on the team of experienced service experts at Glass Doctor Home + Business of Charleston and Summerville, SC for a trusted double pane window installation service. We’ll make all the difference for the livability of your home—and stop putting such a strain on your bank account every month when you pay your utility bill.
What Is a Double Pane Window?
It is a common window type that has two panes of glass separated with a small gap between them, held together at the edges by a seal. In an insulated glass unit (IGU), the gap can be filled with argon gas to provide added insulation and help prevent fogginess caused by condensation trapped between the panes. The units can also be made with low-emissivity or low-E glass, which has been specially treated with a coating to minimize ultraviolet (UV) and infrared light without decreasing visible light coming through the panes.
These improvements can significantly increase energy savings for any home that currently has single pane window installations, which is why Summerville double pane window installation is such a popular service, whether it’s for hot climates or cold climates. It should not be confused with a double-hung window, which is when there's a top and bottom sash that operate independently of each other and can be slid up or down.
Summerville Double Pane Window Installation Can Save You Money
You may be wondering how exactly a new double pane installation can make such a difference in your energy costs. Here's how it works, in a nutshell. Whether it's powered by electricity or natural gas, your HVAC system in Summerville needs a substantial amount of fuel to keep your home at the temperature you have set on your thermostat. Your heating and cooling are likely the biggest expenses by far on your energy bill, and that would be true for even a home with the most energy-efficient windows. But when you have single panes or units that are not efficient because of deterioration and damage, it allows for heat transfer.
Glass is a really poor insulator, especially when there's only a single pane with no extra layer because it facilitates the transfer of heat. Thermal energy always moves from a warmer place to a colder place, which means if you experience a hot summer’s day in Summerville, that heat will move into your cool house through the glass via infrared light. That forces your air conditioning system to operate for longer periods of time and more frequently. The same effect happens in the winter, but in reverse—warm air from your furnace escapes to the cold outdoors, and your HVAC system has to turn on a lot more often. That additional operation time really adds up to significant increases in your energy costs. It also increases wear and tear damage on your HVAC system, which causes it to break down before its time, so you need a costly HVAC replacement.
When you get professional double pane installation to replace single panes, you will see a noticeable reduction in your energy bill. In fact, some homeowners have been able to save as much as 50% of their energy expenses after a replacement glass visit from Glass Doctor. If you are interested in increasing your energy savings, consider low-E types that are specially designed to reduce the infrared light that carries heat into your house.
More Benefits of Double Pane Window Installation in Summerville, SC
Not sure if double pane installation is the most ideal for your home or business? When it comes to replacement windows for buildings with single panes or damaged and deteriorated double panes, it is one of the home improvement projects in Summerville that can really make a big difference to the comfort of your household. Here are some more reasons to consider double pane window replacement service.
- More Comfortable Home: It's great to save money, but enjoying your home more is priceless. Have you ever sat down next to a window to watch the world go by only to get up immediately because there was an unpleasantly cold draft coming through the glass? Drafts, excess moisture and other problems with inadequate installations make your house uncomfortable and can lead to problems like wood rot that threaten structural stability.
- Protection Against UV Rays: Ultraviolet light is what causes fading and other sun damage, and not just outside your house. UV rays come in through your glass and can damage your furniture or even fade your walls and flooring material. That makes your home look less than ideal and you end up having to pay for replacements or refinishing a lot sooner than you would otherwise. Double pane installation, especially when it's done with low-E glass, can prevent a considerable portion of that UV light from entering your Summerville home, which will keep everything from the curtains to the paint looking fresh and bright for longer.
- Noise Reduction: If you live on a busy street or in an area with a lot of outdoor noise, double pane window installation can help give you back your peace and quiet. The extra pane helps to considerably reduce the amount of noise coming into your house—even if you live right across the street from an elementary school playground.
- Enhanced Design Aesthetic: If you've begun looking around at types of windows you may want to have installed, you've probably noticed that there's a pretty wide selection of style choices aside. If you're looking for a way to revamp your Summerville home's appearance or aesthetic, both on the exterior and the interior, a new installation is an ideal opportunity. From classic and elegant to modern or rustic, there's an option that will suit your house perfectly.
Why Choose Glass Doctor for Double Pane Window Installation in Summerville, SC?
While there are a number of options available for repair, professional installation and replacement services, it'll come as no surprise that we believe we're the best glass company in Summerville to serve your needs. If you are thinking about getting replacement window glass, you can depend on our team of experts to install a quality product and work efficiently to finish the project on time.
Here's what to expect from our Summerville double pane installation service:
- We'll complete an in-home consultation and ask you some questions to determine the best recommendation for what your house needs.
- Your technician will then clearly explain their recommendations to you, answer any questions you may have and offer you an upfront price quote so you can make an informed decision about what's best for your home and your budget.
- Our certified window replacement installers will arrive on time for your scheduled service appointment and complete the installation efficiently, including removing the old units.
- You can relax in your comfortable home with energy-efficient windows, knowing that you'll be spending less on your utility bill and reducing your carbon footprint as well.
Business Glass Service
We've talked a lot about residential properties, but they aren't the only places that can benefit from Summerville double pane window installation. Business owners can also count on our experienced technicians for glass installation and repair at your commercial property. Our business services include advanced measurement, so you'll never be left out in the cold if your commercial building suffers a broken window or broken panes. We'll measure all your windows and create detailed diagrams. You keep a copy and we'll keep a copy—then, if a window is broken, we can get the new glass installed as quickly as possible to avoid any disruption to your business.
24/7 Emergency Service
There's nothing worse than a smashed window—unless it happens in the middle of the night or during a holiday. Leaving a big gaping hole in the side of your building is not an option as it could let in anything from wind and rain to intruders. You don't have to deal with glass emergencies alone in Summerville. Give us a call any time of the day or night and we'll be there to temporarily board up the window and take measurements so we can get a new pane installed quickly and restore your home to a safe, functional condition.
Frequently Asked Questions About Summerville Double Pane Window Installation
If you have questions about Summerville double pane window installation or our other glass services, we've got answers! Call us up to speak with our friendly staff and find out everything you need to know quickly and easily or keep reading to find our responses to a few common questions below.
How Often Do Double Pane Windows Need to Be Replaced?
The length of time you can go between replacements is going to vary according to factors such as exposure to harsh weather and excess moisture, how well they are maintained over the years and the likelihood of impact damage. Barring any unfortunate accidents, you should be able to count on about 15 to 20 years with your new Summerville double pane window installation before it needs to be replaced. You can extend their lifespan by having them professionally repaired as needed, and taking some basic maintenance steps to make sure they remain in good condition.
How Long Does Double Pane Window Installation Take in Summerville, SC?
The exact length of time the service will take is going to vary quite a bit depending on things like square feet, frame type and what type of windows you have chosen for your Summerville home, or whether they are in difficult-to-reach areas of your house. Generally speaking, it'll probably take about 30 to 45 minutes per unit for double pane window installation. Glass Doctor charges an upfront, flat rate for our services, and because we don't charge by the hour, homeowners have the reassurance of knowing we will work efficiently but still take the time that's needed to make sure the job is done correctly with no hidden or additional costs. If you have more questions about the installation cost, feel free to reach out!
Does Summerville Double Pane Window Installation Increase Property Value?
Absolutely! If you are planning to put your Summerville property on the market in the near future and you are looking for ways to raise the selling price, double pane installation is a great way to get a good return on investment. It also helps convince prospective buyers to seal the deal. Any real estate agent will be sure to point out new, energy-efficient windows to their clients because it's a great selling point that reassures buyers they won't be in for skyrocketing energy bills and uncomfortable drafts.
Glass Doctor is Your Local Summerville Double Pane Window Installation Expert!
If you're a homeowner in Summerville or the surrounding area, you can count on the team of window repair and installation professionals at Glass Doctor Home + Business of Charleston and Summerville, South Carolina to provide the highest standards of workmanship and customer care that goes the extra mile.
Pick up your phone and contact us by calling 843-266-0026 to chat with our friendly customer service reps and find out more about our trustworthy home, business and auto glass services, including window repair, services for shower doors, sliding glass door services, and of course, Summerville double pane window installation. Schedule an in-home consultation to discuss how we can improve your windows.