A custom mirror is a unique way to personalize your home while giving its style an attractive update. Unlike many furnishings or accessories, mirrors are able to substantially transform a room by making any area seem bigger and brighter. Glass Doctor of Birmingham will transform your home, working with you to design, cut and install an endless variety or mirrors or glass surfaces.
The Benefits of Custom Mirrors
Create Depth and the Illusion of Space
People often have places in their home that are smaller than they'd like. A custom mirror is ideal for transforming these problem areas, instantly making them look larger and more inviting by creating the illusion of more space. They also allow you to highlight elements that you'd like to emphasize, such as a beautiful view or interesting archway, by reflecting them. Our specialists are happy to provide an in-home consultation to discuss the specific areas of your home that would benefit from mirrors.
The following types of mirrors are very popular with our customers:
- Wall mirrors: These make small hallways seem much longer and more visually interesting while also making the area brighter.
- Mirrored backsplash: Glass backsplashes complement any kitchen decor and are easy to keep clean.
- Statement mirrors: Large mirrors placed above headboards or fireplaces make an impressive statement.
- Full-length mirrors: These are attractive yet functional, creating the ideal location to check your look, head to toe, before heading out the door.
- Leaner mirrors: Mirrors that lean up against the wall or corner instead of being hung are easy to move around and are an especially good choice if you're renting.
Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
A custom mirror effectively highlights existing art and home decor, enabling them to have a larger impact. Choose from a variety of shapes, edges, finishes, and frames to create mirrors that reflect your style and needs.
These decorative mirrors are some you'll want to consider:
- Mirrored shelves: Showcase your cherished objects by providing a panoramic view of them.
- Hanging mirrors: Direct natural light to fill a space and highlight your artwork.
- Framed mirrors: A variety of frames are available to complement any decor, allowing these mirrors to make a beautiful addition to a display of framed photos or artwork.
Enhance Your Home's Natural Light
A home that's light and bright looks more attractive, comfortable, and inviting. Custom mirrors, including tabletops or hanging mirrors, reflect and spread available natural and artificial light, making even the most dreary room, corner or hallway shine.
The following mirrors are excellent ways to give your home a brighter look:
- Bedroom mirrors: One or more bedroom mirrors makes the space substantially lighter and helps offset the appearance of dark, heavy furniture.
- Mounted mirrors: These reflect and magnify the light created from light sources such as lamps.
Contact Glass Doctor of Birmingham today for a free in-home consultation. We'll make suggestions, talk with you about your needs and preferences, and create and install custom mirrors that instantly elevate your home's style.