Windshield damage is an all-too-common headache. Glass Doctor® of Bel Air, MD professionally evaluates your damage to determine whether a windshield repair or replacement is the best option. No matter your needs, our service professionals take care of the damage to get you and your vehicle safely on the way!
Importance of Repair
It's important to have windshield damage taken care of as soon as possible. The windshield is a vital safety component, essential for visibility and crash safety. A windshield supports a vehicle's structural integrity, largely supporting the roof and passenger-side in an accident. In many cars, windshields support the passenger side airbag when it's deployed. If your windshield fails during airbag deployment, passengers could eject from the vehicle.
If you procrastinate, small chips and cracks progress into larger issues as your windshield expands and contracts with changing temperatures. Dirt builds up in chips or cracks, making repairs more difficult and possibly making a replacement necessary.
Steps to Take
Contact your insurance agent to find out more about your coverage and request for Glass Doctor to repair or replace your windshield. Some companies and policies waive the deductible on windshield repair work. Glass Doctor of Bel Air, MD will collaborate with your insurance company and file all the necessary forms, making the process easy for you.
Our Professional Evaluation
A Glass Doctor of Bel Air, MD professional will examine the damage to determine if windshield replacement or repair is the best option. Repairs are recommended when possible since it's less expensive. Your auto glass expert will consider the following factors:
- Size: In general, chips that are larger than 3/8 inch and cracks longer than three inches require replacement rather than repair.
- Location: If the chip is directly in the driver’s line of vision, repairs may not suffice. In this crucial area, replacement may be necessary. Cracks that are near the edge of the windshield are likely to spread, so they often necessitate replacement, too.
- Age: The longer you wait to repair damages, the more dirt and grime will build up, making it more difficult to repair any cracks or chips.
If your auto glass professional determines that repair is your best option, he or she usually performs the repair within an hour by performing the following steps:
- Removing debris from the damaged area
- Injecting a special resin into the area
- Curing the resin to restore the strength of the windshield
- Polishing the surface to a clear finish
If repair isn't recommended, we can replace your windshield. The work will be professionally done, according to the standards recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). We offer a G12® Road Hazard Guarantee on our work, so your new windshield is protected from damage for 12 months.
Glass Doctor of Bel Air, MD will take the following steps to replace your windshield:
- Removing the windshield carefully
- Selecting a windshield that will match the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS)
- Replacing the windshield according to procedures recommended by the AGSC, using approved adhesives
- Waiting one hour to ensure that the adhesive cures and forms a proper seal
Schedule an appointment with our Glass Doctor of Bel Air, MD service professionals if you have windshield damage. We'll fix or replace your windshield, so a smaller problem doesn't turn into a larger one that compromises your safety.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.