Commercial Door Closer Service
A smooth entrance to your business is part of what can create a positive first impression to your customers. Heavy storefront doors can prove difficult for customers to enter through and by installing a commercial door closer, users are able to open and close the storefront door with ease. Glass Doctor of Beaumont, CA’ specialists are trained to install and maintain commercial door closers to upgrade your storefront today!
What is a Door Closer?
Great customer service starts with the first impression. More likely than not the first impression your customers will have of your business is your storefront, let it be a positive experience by installing a commercial door closer. These mechanisms allow customers to easily open and pass through a heavy storefront door without having to physically close the door. A properly installed door closer will work like this:
- Initially some resistance will be felt as the user opens the door, showing how heavy the door actually is.
- After this initial pressure, the door will smoothly glide open, allowing the customer to enter.
- After the user lets go of the door, a spring in the door will hold the force of the door and make the mechanism’s arm close the door gently until the door returns to frame.
Commercial Door Closer Styles
Businesses that use commercial door closers can be widely varied. From hospitals to restaurants, schools, small businesses and everything in between, these door closers can be installed on a variety of new or existing doors. Glass Doctor of Beaumont, CA provides commercial door closers in a variety of styles:
- Top Jam: Used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Parallel Arm: typically used in schools because of its inability to be vandalized
- Regular Arm: the most power efficient, it is mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Surface Mounted: fitted into the doorframe, usually is the most cost-efficient.
- Floor Spring: this type is concealed and mounted onto the floor.
- Concealed: usually the most cost-effective, it is fitted to the doorframe.
Glass Doctor of Beaumont, CA performs the following steps in order to install a commercial door closer to your business:
- Take measurements and identify the right type of door closer for your door.
- Clean and prepare the door and doorframe for the installation process.
- Install necessary hardware to both the doorframe.
- Connect the pieces of the door closer together.
- Check all parts of the door closer to make sure that parts are in working order.
Glass Doctor specialists will take the upmost care in either installing a new glass storefront door, along with the commercial door closer, to your building or adding the closer to an already existing door.
Commercial Door Closer Repair and Maintenance
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t accidentally void the contract by having an untrained worker attempt to repair or refill the oil in it. Glass Doctor of Beaumont, CA specialists frequently find themselves performing repairs or replacements on commercial door closers because of these three key problems:
1. Incorrectly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers - Improperly installed door closers lead to a risk of misalignment within mechanisms of the door closer and make it more difficult to open and close the doors. Glass Doctor specialists bring the tools to install and maintain commercial door closers to ensure that:
- The door doesn’t have any abnormal or unexpected movements.
- The door remains in good working condition.
- The lifespan of the door closer is extended.
2. Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels - If your door closer obtains broken seals, it can be exposed to clearance gaps, which leave the hardware vulnerable and may cause lubrication leaks. These oil leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem within the closer, such as a missing screw, a broken O-ring, or a failed seal.
3. Improper Type of Door Closer - Having a heavy storefront door requires a strong door closer with strong springs. These springs hold the force of the door as it closes, and without a strong spring it can pose the safety risk of misalignment that can damage either the closer or the actual door.
Questions and Maintenance
There are several types of commercial door closers that Glass Doctor of Beaumont, CA provides to our customers. But before you decide on which one is best for your business there are some questions to think through that will help you to choose the perfect door closer: Where is the door located, and is it an exterior door? What is my price range? What aesthetic is my store? How often will the door be used?
After these questions are answered and your commercial door closer is installed Glass Doctor of Beaumont, CA offers maintenance services that help to have your door closer remain in good working condition. If your door closer is under a warranty, don’t void your contract by having an untrained worker attempt to repair it. Our specialist are experts in their field and trained extensively in repairing and replacing commercial door closers, along with helping doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, thresholds and hardware.
By having a commercial door closer installed to your storefront door you are elevating your business and creating a safe and welcoming entrance. Glass Doctor provides a wide array of mechanisms, tools, installation processes, and maintenance to help keep your business in tip top shape. Schedule an appointment with our glass specialists today or call us at (951) 389-0537 for first-class installation, repair, replacement or maintenance to your commercial door closer today!