When it comes to interior home design, one challenge is visualizing what certain elements can do for the aesthetics and functionality of your home. Custom mirrors are the one design component guaranteed to refresh your decor. When completely customized to your tastes, one or several custom mirrors can serve many purposes. The glass solutions experts at Glass Doctor® of Snohomish & Skagit Counties proudly provide all of our clients with decades of experience in designing and creating the right custom mirrors for any home.
Create Depth and the Illusion of Space with Mirrors
No matter where you hang a mirror, it reflects natural and artificial light while making a space look bigger. There is simply no better way to visually open up a room than with a strategically placed mirror. Whether your home calls for custom-cut, elegantly framed mirrors or a gleaming wall of mirrored tiles, our specialists will provide you with a personal, in-home consultation to discuss your preferences.
Here are a few ideas for decorating your home with custom mirrors:
- Small Rooms: Installing one or two wall mirrors will visually enlarge and brighten the space.
- Fireplace: Hanging a custom-framed mirror over your fireplace will brighten the room while adding additional warmth.
- Patio: A large wall mirror strategically placed on an outside wall will not only create the illusion of an endless garden, it will beautifully reflect candlelight at night.
- Kitchen: Mirrored glass panels set into cabinet doors do wonders to brighten and enlarge a small kitchen.Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
Accentuate Your Home Decor with Mirrors
Mirrors don’t just serve useful purposes; they can also be used as accent pieces or stand-alone statements. For example, placing one or more mirrors in front of one big mirror creates a visually-arresting layered look. Think about mirror on mirror and place several with the same rectangular shapes and frame color for a geometric appeal. Our experts will work with you to design spectacular, eye-catching mirrors in any size, shape or finish.
Here are a few more intriguing examples of how to use mirrors in your home:
- Mirrored Shelves: Custom-cut and tinted mirrored shelves will not only reflect the beautiful lines of your sculptures, collectibles or treasured antiques, they’ll reflect the overall warmth of a room.
- Hanging Mirrors: When well placed, a mirror will direct natural light toward an area containing your favorite art pieces.
- Framed Mirrors: Eyes are naturally drawn to beautifully framed mirrors, whether the focal point is an artfully-grouped cluster of small framed mirrors or large, ornately framed mirror that perfectly reflects your home’s decor.
Enhance Your Home's Natural Light with Mirrors
Whether the rooms in your home are large or small, natural light plays an important role in interior design. Mirrors reflect light instead of absorbing it; so strategically-placed pieces create the illusion of rooms being larger and brighter.
- To bring more light into your home's interior, consider one of the following tricks used by professional decorators:
- Hanging a mirror directly across from a window in a small room not only tricks the eye into seeing another window, it instantly brightens and enlarges the space.
- Consider hanging mirrors next to wall-mounted lights or sconces or hanging a large mirror on a wall underneath a chandelier.
Make a Mirror Statement
Tall mirrors, whether full-length or larger, not only add height to an area, they become a focal piece on an otherwise blank wall. Bedrooms, hallways and entryways are all excellent locations for such impressive mirrors. Whether leaning against a wall or having floor-to-ceiling mirrors professionally mounted, the specialists at Glass Doctor of Snohomish & Skagit Counties will offer expert assistance in choosing the location, size and style of your statement piece.