Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your vehicle has windshield damage, you may question whether a glass specialist can make an effective repair or if the pane must be replaced. Rather than make a guess, find a reliable auto glass expert to determine the best course of action. Glass Doctor® of Anchorage offers honest assessments of your damaged windshield. Locally owned and operated, our team will provide you the most dependable windshield crack repair or replacement services and outstanding customer care through each step of the process.
Windshield Repair versus Replacement
Glass Doctor of Anchorage performs all types of auto glass repair and replacement services. To reestablish your safety, our auto glass expert will determine the best option for your situation. The factors we consider include:
- Size: Most chips that exceed a 3/8 inch diameter and cracks that have a length of more than three inches typically require a windshield replacement.
- Location: Cracks that spread to the edge of the windshield have a tendency to spread and requires replacement. Windshields with damage located directly in the driver's line of sight require new glass because the repair area will lack transparency.
- Timespan: Failure to have a chip or cracked repaired immediately could cost you more because the buildup of dirt makes it difficult to complete a successful repair.
You can rest assure that we will perform your windshield crack repair quickly and efficiently.
Windshield Repair Recommendation
The experts at Glass Doctor of Anchorage have the training necessary to prevent chips and cracks from spreading in your windshield and avoid more expensive glass replacement. We recommend repair over replacement for the following reasons:
- Convenience: We perform most repairs in under an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair saves you money when compared to a total windshield replacement.
- Insurance benefits: A windshield repair offers more economic advantages compared to a replacement. Most insurance carriers will waive the deductible and pay for windshield repair.
- Environment-friendly: Windshield crack repair means one fewer piece of windshield in our landfills.
Employing the industry's best practice, our specialist will clean debris from the impact field and may use a drill to create a channel for the repair resin. After the resin cures, the area is polished to a clear finish.
Windshield Replacement Services
Based on the vehicle's make and model, a windshield provides as much as 60% of the structural integrity in a rollover accident, according to Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). Glass Doctor of Anchorage has a proven system to ensure the proper replacement of your windshield, which include:
- Remove the windshield carefully to avoid damage to the paint and bonding surface, which, if damaged, could cause leaks and corrosion. Install a replacement windshield that matches or exceed original pane's specifications.
- Utilize AGSC-approved adhesives for windshield replacement. Employ AGSC best practices for new windshield installation, including observing the curing time to ensure an bond for the adhesive.
Every new windshield replacement comes with our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your new windshield gets a chip or crack within 12 months after installation, we will repair the damage. For windshields beyond repair, Glass Doctor of Anchorage will replace the pane free of charge.
Contact Glass Doctor of Anchorage for windshield crack repair or replacement services today. We strongly recommend you don't leave your safety to chance. We work with all major insurance carriers. Count on our team for quality repairs today!