The structural integrity of your car is largely dependent on your windshield during a crash. So, when your windshield is damaged don’t leave the repair to chance. Depend on Glass Doctor® of Amarillo for quality windshield repair and replacement. We fix chips or cracks in your windshield quickly, making the repair process smooth and painless. If the damage is severe, we install a windshield that matches your vehicle’s original glass. Don't procrastinate seeking windshield care, you could increase the damage and endanger your safety.
Our experts will determine whether to perform a windshield repair or replacement. Glass Doctor of Amarillo uses size, location and duration of damage to determine which type of repair to perform.
- Size: Chips measuring more than 3/8 inch and cracks greater than three inches long generally require windshield replacement.
- Location: Where is your crack? Windshield cracks near the edges typically require replacement because they spread. Chips immediately in your line of vision often require replacement as well, your vision can't be compromised.
- Timespan: If your chip or crack has been around for a while, it is an invitation for irritants to build up, lowering the chances for successful repairs.
Our proven auto care specialists will work with major insurance carriers, handling the filing for you. You should confer with your agent or agency before scheduling an appointment.
You want to be sure that you're making the smartest choice for your automobile. Windshield repair is a great alternative to windshield replacement.
Glass Doctor of Amarillo favors repair over replacement for many reasons:
- Convenience: Glass Doctor specialists perform windshield repairs on your schedule and fast.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is a less costly alternative to windshield replacement.
- Insurance Advantages: Many insurance carriers will waive deductibles and pay for your windshield repair.
- Safety: Windshield repair keeps the original equipment's integrity intact.
- Environmentally Responsible: Windshield repair keeps old glass out of a landfill, where it will stay forever.
Having your windshield repaired right away is essential for your safety. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), windshields make up to 60% of the vehicles structural integrity in a rollover. This means that every time you and your family pull out of the driveway with a compromised windshield your safety is at risk. Glass Doctor of Amarillo takes steps to ensure proper windshield replacement. We follow AGSC replacement guidelines, to ensure the perfect replacement. After we complete the installation, we observe a one-hour waiting period, which allows the adhesive to cure and seal properly. During this waiting period, we discuss our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. Ever windshield replacement comes with a 12-month coverage. Should damage to your windshield occur, chips will be repaired free of charge. Moreover if your windshield is cracked or broken, Glass Doctor of Amarillo will replace the glass for free.