Windshield Repair and Replacement
When an incident occurs on the road and your windshield becomes damaged, finding expert repair or replacement services immediately is essential. The Glass Doctor® of Moore & Montgomery Counties team possess years of combined experience that you can depend on to get your vehicle in top working condition. Although most windshield crack repair is completed within an hour, any fissures exceeding three inches in length often require a new windshield to be installed.
Windshield Repair Criteria
When determining the best course of action to fix your damaged windshield, Glass Doctor of Moore & Montgomery Counties will examine some important factors:
- Location: If the damage touches the edge of your windshield, this is typically cause for a replacement since these cracks tend to grow over time. Cracks in the glass that obstruct the driver's line of sight also warrant replacement.
- Size: When chips in the glass exceed 3/8 of an inch or when cracks are longer than three inches, windshield replacement is usually recommended.
- Timespan: Waiting any period of time to have your windshield examined may make repairs virtually impossible as dirt and grime builds up inside the fissure.
To make your life easier, Glass Doctor of Moore & Montgomery Counties will take care of all the insurance work on your behalf. Prior to contacting our team verifying coverage with your insurance provider is recommended.
Windshield crack repair is an excellent, cheaper alternative to replacing the windshield altogether. Glass Doctor of Moore & Montgomery Counties will suggest repair instead of replacement for a variety of reasons, including:
- Affordability: Repairing a windshield is much more inexpensive than a new installation.
- Convenience: Our specialists usually complete windshield repairs within an hour.
- Environmentally Friendly: Broken windshields are taken to a landfill where they will remain forever. Repairing a windshield helps reduce waste.
- Insurance Incentives: Most insurance providers are more than happy to waive the deductible on a windshield repair because it's much cheaper than a fresh installation.
When performing windshield crack repair, our glass specialists will first remove any dirt or debris from the damaged portion of the glass. A drill is sometimes used to create a clean passageway in which our repair resin will be injected. Following the injection of our resin, the adhesive is allowed to cure before we polish the glass.
When a windshield is damaged beyond repair, replacing the glass should be a top priority. In fact, according to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), the windshield in a modern vehicle comprises up to 60% of their structural integrity in a rollover incident. While this statistic may vary from make to model, a broken windshield always poses a serious risk to you and passengers.
Our replacement process ensures a quality installation. First, the windshield is removed with precision to ensure no damage to the bonding surface or paint occurs. Any damage to these areas can cause corrosion or leaks to occur. An original equipment manufacturer (OEM) windshield is found for your specific vehicle. We attach your new glass with adhesives recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council. The glass and adhesive set for an hour, which ensures a quality bond. While you wait for your vehicle, a specialist will review our G12™ Road Hazard Guarantee with you. This complimentary guarantee protects your investment for up to 12 months. If any damage occurs to your glass during this time, Glass Doctor of Moore & Montgomery Counties will pay for the cost in full.
Contact Glass Doctor of Moore & Montgomery Counties today over the phone or fill out a fast service request online to receive assistance immediately.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.