The good windshield is your first line of defense in your vehicle and keeps your car intact in a collision, making driving easier. Glass Doctor of Seneca, SC experts are specially trained to repair and replace your windshield correctly the first time, so you can drive with confidence.
When Windshield Repair is Your Best Choice
To determine if you’ll be able to receive a windshield chip repair, consider three factors:
- Extent of damage: It is usually possible for us to repair chips smaller than the size of a quarter or less and cracks spanning three inches or less.
- Place of damage: As repairs leave a slight mark, you will need a replacement if chips are in the driver’s line of sight. In addition, cracks reaching the edges of your windshield run the risk of spreading further even after a repair, which again makes a windshield replacement a better option.
- Time left untreated: Over time, chips and cracks fill with debris as you drive. If you leave damage for too long, it will become impossible for our specialists to clean the area sufficiently for a windshield repair.
Our specialists are trained in industry best practices for windshield repairs. We begin by removing dirt from the crack or chip, and then fill the space with resin using a special tool. We then wait for the resin to cure and polish the area to leave barely an outline.
We prefer windshield repairs, both because they avoid the need to send a large piece of glass to a landfill, making them the environmentally responsible choice, and because they are less expensive for you. When you receive a windshield repair from Glass Doctor of Seneca, SC, the process will be quick and easy. We will even work with your insurance company to cover all the paperwork issues for you.
Sometimes, there is no option but a windshield replacement. Our specialists adhere to Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) guidelines when performing the replacement:
- Carefully removing the windshield assuring that no damage is done to the paint or bonding surfaces.
- Choosing a windshield that meets the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
- Using AGSC-approved adhesives and waiting one hour before allowing clients to drive away, sufficient time to allow the adhesive to cure.
A windshield replacement from Glass Doctor of Seneca, SC has its own set of advantages. For instance, you will automatically be eligible for our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, entitling you to a repair or replacement if you suffer additional damage due to normal road hazards in the following 12 months. You will also have the opportunity to upgrade to one of our other G12 guarantees for more benefits.
In most windshields there is more than just glass. Newer vehicles now are equipped with advanced driver assistance systems, or ADAS, technologies. These technologies are designed to increase safety in your vehicle and range from lane departure warning systems, to parking sensors and intelligent speed adaptation. These systems are often found within sensors mounted within the windshield, so if you suffer a break it is important to make sure your ADAS is calibrated as well.
Schedule an appointment at Glass Doctor of Seneca, SC as soon as you notice any damage and receive a windshield chip repair at a time that suits you. If chips or cracks are already significant, remember that we also offer windshield replacements to improve visibility and protect you in an accident.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.