Glass Tabletops & Custom Shelving
Discover the benefits of glass tabletops and shelves in your interior design. Glass Doctor® of New Braunfels will create custom tabletops and custom glass shelving for your home. Our pieces will fit your design aesthetics and practical needs.
Glass tabletops make an elegant addition to any room. Whether you're looking for a large dining table, custom coffee table or small end tables, the experts at Glass Doctor of New Braunfels can help you design the perfect piece for any area.
If you already have the perfect table and just want to spice it up or add a level of protection, we can measure and cut an overlay. This is a great way to protect expensive wood tables from damage as well as making for easy cleanup.
If your old table has seen better days, let us prepare a glass replacement top and attach it to the existing piece. We can even design a totally custom top to add new life to an old piece of furniture.
If you're looking for something truly unique, let us design an original piece. We'll work with you to develop the shape, tint, edgework and size of the custom tabletop, and affix it to a variety of base styles. Consider glass tabletops for:
- Writing desks
- Conference room tables
- Dining room tables
- Coffee tables
- Living room end tables
Thanks to the strength of modern laminated, tempered and safety glass, you don't need to worry about safety when it comes to glass tabletops. Even in the unlikely event a glass table is damaged, the resulting shards are designed to shatter into small, smooth pieces that won't injure people or pets.
Custom Glass Shelving
Like glass tabletops, glass shelves are appropriate for most uses. Glass shelving is perfect for displaying photos, artwork and collectibles. Glass shelves in the bathroom make nice towel racks that are easy to wipe down. Here are a few reasons why glass shelving is becoming so popular:
- Visual appeal: Glass's transparency makes spaces look larger and more open by allowing light to pass through. You'll never have to worry about your shelves casting a shadow on an area. This is also what makes glass shelves so perfect for displaying items.
- Flexibility: Creating your own piece allows you to decide the height of the shelves, so you don't have to make-do with standard shelves.
Many options are available for both your custom tabletops and shelving. For a dining table, consider a darker tint that provides privacy. For your living room end tables, consider a sepia tint to add antique flair to a room.
- Glass thickness: Use thinner glass to create a delicate look or thicker glass to give a solid feel to a boardroom table.
- Glass tint or color: Panes range from clear all the way to opaque, in a variety of shades.
- Edge finish: Rounded, wedged, beveled, oval and square are just a few of the options.
Invite our specialist to your home for a consultation today! We'll discuss your options, and begin designing your custom piece.