Shower Doors & Tub Enclosures
A shower unit naturally draws the eye and provides a focal point for your room, adding value to your home for years to come. Typically then, the shower enclosure is one of the most important purchases you will make for your bathroom and not something you want to get wrong. Glass Doctor® of Minot will help guide you through the entire process, from choosing a stunning set of shower doors from our extensive range to giving tips on budget and maintenance, not to mention providing a full installation service.
When you’re getting started choosing your shower enclosure there’s plenty to think about; below we’ve provided you with a list of factors you might want to take into account when choosing your design. Remember if you’re not sure about something you can speak to a specialist at Glass Doctor of Minot.
- Style & Configuration: It is important that you choose a style that you like and that compliments your existing or future decor for the rest of the bathroom. There are some structural considerations though - depending on if you have drywall or tile walls and where the supporting studs are will determine how heavy a set of shower doors you can attach to the wall. Speak to a professional at Glass Doctor of Minot if you are unsure.
- Shower Fixtures: Your shower head must suit the design of your enclosure to ensure that water does not get out when your shower doors are open. Failure to install a suitable shower head will increase the risk of mold appearing in the room.
- Measurements: If you have any past experience with DIY projects you’ll know that measurements are critical! We’ll always send out a member of our team to perform a precise measurement before you order. This way, the responsibility of measuring correctly is ours and you don’t need to worry.
- Ventilation: Often an afterthought for many people, ventilation is an important part of any bathroom design. Without proper ventilation moisture can cause paint to peel and mold to flourish, ruining your carefully designed bathroom! Glass Doctor of Minot are experts in ventilation; we can evaluate your room and install a glass steam room kit where necessary to stop you having a problem.
If you're still not sure what you want to achieve just take a look at some of these resources, filled with ideas and examples of our work that are sure to inspire you with your own designs:
- Shower Door Gallery
- Shower Door Accessories
- Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- Ordering and Installation
- Clear Choice™ Protectant
For more information or to schedule a consultation please call Glass Doctor of Minot or fill out our online form.