Windshield Repair and Replacement
Your windshield is one of the most important parts of your vehicle. In addition to keeping hazardous road debris out while you drive, it also accounts for around half of your vehicle's structural integrity during an accident. If your vehicle's windshield has been damaged, you need to get it fixed as soon as possible. Glass Doctor® of Fort Myers specialists repair most windshield cracks and chips. No matter your damage severity, we're happy to serve you!
Windshield Service Determination
First, we will determine which type of windshield service best suits your damage. Our specialists inspect the pane carefully to determine whether or not a full windshield replacement is necessary. We consider the following factors:
- The Size of the Damage:Generally speaking, cracks longer than three inches and chips wider than 3/8 inch usually cannot be repaired and require a full replacement.
- The Location of the Damage:When a crack splinters to the edge of a windshield, it compromises the structural integrity of the glass, mandating a replacement. If any damage is in your line of sight, then you will need a replacement. Windshield repair leaves some visual distortion, which can be distracting.
- The Age of the Damage:As a crack or chip lingers, it collects dirt. This buildup can make it impossible to properly clean the damage for a repair, making a replacement the only option.
The Windshield Repair Process
As the most convenient and least expensive option, we will always seek to do a windshield repair first. Our windshield repair process includes three steps:
- We thoroughly clean the impacted area
- We inject a special repair resin into the crack or chip
- We allow the resin to cure
After the resin has dried, the safety of your windshield is restored and you are free to drive your vehicle.
We Handle Your Insurance for You
Glass Doctor® of Fort Myers works with all major insurance carriers. We will handle the claim paperwork, so all you need to do is show up. Due to its low cost yet importance, most insurance carriers will cover the cost of a windshield repair without a deductible.
The Windshield Replacement Process
Unfortunately, a repair is not always possible. If a repair is not possible, we will provide a high-quality window replacement that follows the standards of the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). Our windshield replacement process is straightforward:
- We carefully remove the broken windshield
- We select a windshield matching the original equipment manufacturers' standards
- We install the new windshield with an AGSC-approved adhesive
- The recommended one-hour drive-away time is observed
After this, your new windshield is fully installed and you are free to drive your vehicle.
We Guarantee Our Work
All of our windshield replacements come standard with the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which provides you with unlimited free windshield repairs or one a single replacement pane for a full year after the initial installation. Consider opting into a plan with more protection for full service coverage.
Fix Windshield Damage Today
Contact Glass Doctor® of Fort Myers today so that we can inspect your windshield damage and schedule a repair or replacement service at your convenience.