Commercial Door Closer Service
Having a front door that works properly is the first step to cultivating a positive first impression for your business. Glass Doctor® of Cypress provides commercial door closer installation, repairs, and maintenance to help assist your door and ensure the safety of everyone who walks through it.
What is a Storefront Door?
A commercial door closer is a mechanism that allows customers to easily open and pass through heavy glass doors without having to physically close them or hold the weight of the door. A properly installed door closers works like this:
- As the customer opens the door, they will initially feel some resistance, showing the true weight of the door.
- After the initial resistance, the door will smoothly glide open, allowing the customer to walk through.
- Once the customer lets go of the door, a spring in the door will force the mechanism to hold the weight of the door, gliding it slowly closed.
Who Can Use a Door Closer?
There are a wide variety of businesses that can use commercial door closers. From hospitals, to restaurants, schools, small businesses, and everything in between. These mechanisms provide a positive impact for any business.
Door Closers Come in a Variety of Styles
To best fit the style, and needs, of your store Glass Doctor of Cypress provides a variety of types of door closers. Before you decide to choose a door closer, consider these questions: What aesthetic are you seeking for your space? What is your price range? How often will the door be used? And, are you retrofitting an old door or replacing your current door?
Glass Doctor of Cypress provides the following door closers for your business:
- Top Jam – used frequently for glass storefront doors
- Parallel Arm – because of their inability to be vandalized, these are chosen frequently for schools
- Regular Arm – most power efficient, these are mounted on the exterior of the door
- Concealed – fitted into the door or the doorframe, these are hidden from sight
- Floor-Spring – concealed and mounted to the floor
- Surface-Mounted – usually the most cost-effective, these are fitted into the doorframe
After choosing your door closer, a specialist from Glass Doctor of Cypress will perform the following steps in order to install your commercial door closer to your storefront door.
- Identify the right door closer for your door
- Prepare the door and the doorframe for the closer
- Install the necessary hardware to both the doorframe and the door
- Connect both pieces of the commercial door closer
- Make sure all pieces are in working order
Our specialists take the upmost care to either install a new storefront door and a commercial door closer or add the closer to an existing door. At the end of the day, our goal is to help you!
Repair and Maintenance
Glass Doctor of Cypress’s technicians frequently perform repairs and replacements on door closers because of these problems:
Incorrect Types of Closers Heavy glass doors require strong door closers with springs that are able to hold the weight of the door. If your door has the wrong type of door closer attached, it poses the safety risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the doorframe.
Improperly Installed or Adjusted Door Closer If your door closer is installed improperly it can lead to misalignment and make it more difficult to open or close the door. The specialists at Glass Doctor bring the right tools to install and maintain your door closer to make sure that:
- Abnormal or unexpected movements are prevented
- The lifespan of your door is maximized
- Your door remains in good working condition
Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels Broken seals expose clearance gaps that leave the hardware of your mechanism vulnerable to lubrication leaks. These leaks generally can indicate larger problems, such as a broken O-ring, missing screws or a failed seal. All of these problems can lead to your door opening or closing too quickly.
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t accidentally void the contract by having an untrained worker attempt to repair it. The trained experts at Glass Doctor of Cypress are able to install, maintain, repair, and replacements. Schedule an appointment with us today!