Windshield Repair and Replacement
If you have a damaged windshield and you’re not sure if the solution is repair or replacement, give Glass Doctor® of Bozeman a call. Your windshield is a major safety component of your vehicle and is responsible for a majority of your car’s structural integrity. Even a small chip or crack can quickly become a major problem if not dealt with immediately.
Glass Doctor of Bozeman repairs most chips and minor cracks in your windshield in about an hour. We’ll always try to repair the damage first, but if it’s severe, replacement service may be necessary. Some signs that your windshield may need replacement include:
- Size of the Damage: Cracks over three inches long, and larger chips generally require windshield replacement.
- Location of the Damage: Cracks that have splintered to the edge of the windshield have a tendency to spread and require replacement. While most chips and small cracks can be repaired, if they are directly in your line of vision your best option is usually windshield replacement.
- Time span: The longer you leave windshield damage unattended; the more likely dirt buildup will make it difficult to repair the damage successfully. Windshield replacement becomes the safest option.
We suggest you contact your insurance agent to verify windshield coverage before scheduling an appointment. Glass Doctor of Bozeman works with all major insurance carriers and we’ll handle the paperwork for you.
Whenever possible, we’ll repair your windshield. Windshield repair is an affordable alternative that can stop chips and cracks from spreading and offers several advantages over replacement including:
- Convenience: The experts at Glass Doctor of Bozeman typically repair your windshield in under an hour!
- Cost Savings: Windshield repair costs less than replacement.
- Insurance Advantages: Because repair is much more economical than replacement, many insurance carriers will often waive a deductible and pay for the repairs in full.
- Environmentally Responsible: We’re all working towards sustainability. Repairing your windshield keeps it out of the landfill.
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Bozeman take all the necessary steps to ensure a perfect repair. First, we remove any dirt and debris from the impacted area to create a clean channel for the resin. Next, we inject the resin into the damaged area where it is cured to restore the structural integrity of your vehicle. Finally, we polish the area to a crystal clear finish.
If upon inspection our experts determine that repair is not an option we perform all the steps necessary to insure the proper replacement of your windshield. First, we carefully remove your windshield taking special care not to damage the paint or bonding surface. This will prevent any future problems due to leaking or corrosion. Next, our experts select the proper windshield that meets the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality standards for your vehicle. Finally, your windshield is replaced using Auto Glass Safety Council™ approved adhesive. After a one-hour curing period to ensure proper adhesive bonding, you drive away safe and secure!
While you're waiting, a Glass Doctor of Bozeman specialist will explain our exclusive G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If anytime in the 12 months following your visit, your windshield is damaged for any reason, Glass Doctor of Bozeman will repair or replace the glass free of charge!
Don’t let a damaged windshield threaten your safety. Call Glass Doctor of Bozeman today and schedule an appointment with one of our experts. We'll have you safely back on the road quickly.