Windshield Replacement & Repair in Bozeman, MT
If you have a damaged windshield and you’re not sure if the solution is repair or replacement, give Glass Doctor® of Bozeman a call. Your windshield is a major safety component of your vehicle and is responsible for 60 percent of your car’s structural integrity. Even a small chip or crack can quickly become a major problem if not dealt with immediately.
Glass Doctor of Bozeman repairs most chips and minor cracks in your windshield in about an hour. We’ll always try to repair the damage first, but replacement service may be necessary if the damage warrants a replacement. Some signs that your windshield may need a replacement include:
- Size of the Damage: Cracks over three inches long, and larger chips generally require windshield replacement.
- Location of the Damage: Cracks that have splintered to the edge of the windshield tend to spread and require replacement. While most chips and small cracks can be repaired, if they are directly in your line of vision, we will recommend a windshield replacement.
- Time span: The longer you leave windshield damage unattended, the more likely it becomes that dirt buildup will make it difficult to repair the damage successfully. Windshield replacement then becomes the safest option.
To speed up the process, Glass Doctor of Bozeman is equipped to handle all insurance paperwork. We work with all major insurance carriers and file the necessary information to get you back on the road quickly..
Whenever possible, we’ll repair your windshield. Windshield repair is an affordable alternative that can stop chips and cracks from spreading and offers several advantages over replacement, including:
- Convenience: The experts at Glass Doctor of Bozeman typically repair your windshield in under an hour!
- Cost Savings: Windshield repair costs less than replacement.
- Insurance Advantages: Because repair is much more economical than replacement, some insurance carriers will often waive a deductible .
The service professionals at Glass Doctor of Bozeman take all the necessary steps to ensure a perfect repair. First, we remove any dirt and debris from the impacted area to create a clean channel for the resin. Next, we inject the resin into the damaged area where it is cured to restore your vehicle’s structural integrity. Finally, we polish the area to a crystal clear finish.
If upon inspection, our experts determine that repair is not an option, we perform all the steps necessary to ensure the proper replacement of your windshield.
- First, we carefully remove your windshield, taking special care not to damage the paint or bonding surface. This will prevent any future problems due to leaking or corrosion.
- Next, our experts select the proper windshield that meets the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) quality standards for your vehicle.
- Finally, your windshield is replaced using AGSC approved adhesive. After a one-hour curing period, to ensure proper adhesive bonding, you drive away safe and secure!
While you’re waiting, a Glass Doctor of Bozeman professional will explain our exclusive Windshield Protection Plan. If anytime in the 12 months following your first installation, your windshield is damaged , Glass Doctor of Bozeman will repair or replace the glass free of charge!
Don’t let a damaged windshield threaten your safety. Call Glass Doctor of Bozeman today and schedule an appointment with one of our experts. We'll have you safely back on the road quickly.