Windshield Repair and Replacement
Your windshield is a vital piece of safety equipment on your vehicle. That’s why it’s important to get even small damage repaired or your windshield replaced as quickly as possible by a qualified auto glass professional. Trust Glass Doctor® of Andalusia to restore your vehicle, our specialists are trained in the leading repair and replacement techniques.
A damaged windshield can compromise your safety. Even a relatively small chip or crack can obscure your field of vision or distract you from clearly seeing what’s ahead. A windshield plays a vital role during an accident; they keep you safely inside your car and ensure airbags deploy correctly. Most importantly, a windshield helps keep the vehicle’s roof from caving in during a rollover accident When a windshield is damaged it may not function as expected, endanger vehicle occupants.
In some cases, your windshield may be safely repaired. If order to determine if this can be safely done, Glass Doctor of Andalusia will take into account the following factors:
- The size of the damage
Generally, cracks longer than three inches and chips larger than 3/8 inch can’t be effectively and safely repaired.
- The location of the damage
If a crack or chip is in your field of vision, your windshield probably needs to be replaced. That’s because the area may be slightly blurry after the resin cures, continuing to obscure your vision. In addition, cracks that intersect multiple edges of your windshield or have started to spread along the edge often necessitate a replacement.
- The length of time the damage has existed
Over time, dirt and other debris will work its way into the crack or chip. This makes a safe, effective seal more difficult, so a replacement is often recommended.
If a repair is possible, it offers the following advantages:
- Speed: It’s faster than a full replacement. Our windshield repair specialists usually do the work in less than an hour.
- Cost: It’s generally cheaper and is often covered by insurance.
- Environmentally-friendly:Your windshield stays on your car and out of the landfill.
If a windshield repair is possible, our specialists will take the following steps to ensure a clear, safe fix:
- We’ll remove dirt and debris from the damaged area.
- We’ll inject a special resin into the crack or chip.
- The resin is cured and the area is polished. The damaged area will now be strong, smooth and clear. Your windshield wipers will be able to easily glide over the repair.
Glass Doctor of Andalusia specialists follow Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) recommendations, so you’ll know your windshield will be correctly installed. This is vital to ensure the safety of you and your family.
Our replacement process entails:
- Careful removal of your windshield, keeping the paint and bonding surface undamaged.
- Selecting the correct original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality windshield to ensure a perfect match and fit. We ensure every pane meets the high OEM standards for quality and safety.
- Installing your new windshield using adhesives and procedures approved by the AGSC.
- Waiting an hour to let your windshield properly cure. We care about your safety and will make sure you understand the importance of this drying period.
- We’ll let you know about our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, included with every replacement at no expense. If your windshield is damaged within 12 months, we’ll repair it for free, subject to certain conditions and exclusions.
Schedule an appointment today with Glass Doctor of Andalusia if you need a windshield repair or replacement. Our specialists will come to you at your convenience and fill out the insurance paperwork for you. We’ll recommend the best solution and get your windshield restored as soon as possible.