Windshield Replacement & Repair in Vienna, IL
Nearly all of us will encounter windshield damage from flying debris. The problem may be a small chip, a star-shaped crack or even a growing network of cracks webbing their way across your line of vision. In any case, windshield damage should be addressed immediately.
Glass Doctor® of Vienna will solve glass-related problems before they become a real safety risk with an in-store appointment or a visit by one of our mobile units.
Windshield Repair or Replacement
If a windshield chip or crack is small, then a simple and inexpensive repair will restore the architectural strength of your auto glass. Generally, chips larger than 3/8’’ or cracks that spread more than three inches must undergo a full windshield replacement. Longer cracks spread rapidly and can become dangerous if the glass is not replaced. Damage that is in the driver’s line of vision or near the edge of the windshield merits a full replacement service.
Another factor to consider is the length of time the damage has gone without repair or replacement. Over time, dust and dirt accumulate in the damaged area, making a complete repair impossible.
Our auto glass specialists are qualified to recommend the best solution for you and your vehicle, keeping in mind that safety is the highest priority. Glass Doctor of Vienna works with all major insurance companies to make the process as simple as possible for you by assisting with the claim filing. We do suggest that you contact your agent or insurance company as soon as the damage appears to determine if your coverage includes windshield repair and replacement.
Whichever solution is recommended, our auto glass specialists will always quote the exact price before the work starts. This will eliminate confusion and miscommunication.
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Vienna prefer to repair, rather than replace, your windshield. This is because a successful repair will usually take less than an hour and the process is less expensive than a replacement.
Another advantage of repair versus replacement is that insurance companies will often waive the deductible for repairs and pay for the repair service in full. Consider also the environmental element of repairing versus replacing your windshield. A windshield repair does not result in a trip to the landfill with a damaged windshield, where the glass will remain forever.
Replacing Your Windshield
Glass Doctor is your best solution for windshield replacement. Because a windshield is critical to over 60% of the architectural strength of most vehicles in a rollover accident, a strong, perfectly installed windshield is critical to the safety of the occupants. This is why our specialists have been carefully trained to conform precisely to the industry’s Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS®).
Steps to Replace Your Windshield
1. Remove the broken windshield carefully to avoid scratching the bonding material and paint.
2. Replacement windshield conforming exactly to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality is positioned for bonding.
3. Only adhesives approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) will be used.
4. The new windshield is carefully installed according to procedures of the AGSC and AGRSS.
5. One hour is required for the adhesive to completely dry before the owner can drive away. This is a mandated wait time and cannot be compromised.
12-Month Windshield Guarantee
Our Glass Doctor specialists will carefully review the Windshield Warranty Plan with you. There are two important elements to this 12-month assurance:
- Glass Doctor of Vienna will any cracks or chips that might occur to your new windshield within twelve months, for free. Labor, molding and clips not included.
- If your new windshield cannot be repaired, Glass Doctor of Vienna will replace the glass for free.