Windshield Replacement & Repair in Texoma
Windshield damage of any kind calls for a visit to Glass Doctor® of Texoma Even the smallest cracks and chips may jeopardize your visibility and accident safety, and only a certified glass specialist is qualified to assess the damage and determine whether a full replacement is necessary. Our team of talented glass experts provides the following services throughout the San Antonio area.
Factors: Repair or Replace?
We consider several factors when we decide whether to repair or replace your windshield, including the size of the chip and its location. Repairs are always preferred over a replacement because of the convenience and price. Below are three factors that our specialists look at:
- How big is the damage? Cracks larger than three inches and chips that are bigger than the size of a quarter are not able to be repaired.
- Where is the damage located? If the damage is located along the edge of your windshield it usually splinters, so it will need to be replaced. Any damage that is located in the driver’s field of vision is not able to be repaired because repairs leave a slight distortion.
- How long has the damage been there? As time goes on, dirt and grime will build up in the cracks and chips, making it harder for specialists to clean out the damage. The quicker you respond after your windshield is damaged, the more likely the chip or crack can be repaired.
Your windshield bears up to 60% of the responsibility for maintaining your vehicle's structure in the event of a rollover accident or head-on collision. If cracks or chips compromise your windshield, your vehicle is vulnerable to a variety of threats.
Our Glass Doctor of Texoma specialists will provide quick, high quality windshield repair in under an hour. They begin by cleaning our dirt and debris from the damage, then inject a repair resin into the chip or crack. The resin is left to cure, and after is polished to a clear finish.
Our windshield replacement services are available onsite when ready or by appointment. We provide emergency windshield replacements in the event of extensive overnight damage, and we'll work with your insurance provider to make sure the proper claims are filed.
At Glass Doctor of Texoma, we follow strict steps provided by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC):
- Carefully remove the windshield.
- Choose a windshield that matches the guidelines of the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
- Use AGSC-approved adhesives to cement your new windshield.
- Observe a one-hour drive-away time for your safety. This gives the adhesive time to cure and form a proper seal.
Every windshield installation is protected for the next 12 months with our Windshield Protection Plan.
Contact Glass Doctor of Texoma at the first sign of damage, and let our specialists save you from unnecessary expenses and unsafe driving conditions. Call us to schedule an appointment today.