Commercial Door Closer Service in Texoma
First impressions are everything, they are the thing that a customer remembers about your business. Create a great first impression with an entrance that is easily accessible and a welcoming entrance to your business. A commercial door closer is the key to this easy entrance. Glass Doctor of Texoma provides door closer installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance to your business, ensuring the safety of your storefront door and all the customers who walk through it.
How Does a Commercial Door Closer Work?
Commercial door closers are used on a wide variety of businesses, from hospitals, to schools, small businesses, restaurants, and everything in between. This is because they allow customers to easily open and pass through heavy storefront doors without having to physically close them. A properly installed door closer works like this:
- It allows the user to feel a light pull as they begin to open the door, showing how heavy the door actually is.
- After the initial resistance, the door will smoothly glide open.
- As the customer lets go of the door, and walks inside, a spring in the door holds the weight of the door and forces it to slowly glide closed.
Businesses that use commercial door closers are widely varied, from schools to small businesses, hospitals, restaurants and everything in between. Commercial door closers can be installed either on an existing door or along with a new door. Glass Doctor of Texoma performs the following steps in order to install your commercial door closers:
- Identify the right type of commercial door closer for your storefront.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to both the door and the doorframe.
- Connect all pieces of the mechanism.
- Make sure that all pieces are working properly and clean the area.
Maintenance and Repairs
After the installation Glass Doctor of Texoma technician’s either provide regular maintenance to the closers we install, or have to frequently repair or replace other door closers not installed by us, based off three key problems:
- Low Oil Levels and Broken Seals: It is imperative to have a professional replace the oil in your door closer, because lack of lubrication leads to a door opening or closing too quickly. Oil leaks can also indicate mechanical problems, like broken O-rings, missing screws or broken seals. These broken seals expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable.
- Incorrect Types of Door Closers: Heavy storefront doors require strong commercial door closers with strong springs to hold the weight and force of the door as it closes. If a storefront door has the wrong type of closer, it can run the risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or your actual door.
- Improperly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers: If your commercial door closer is incorrectly installed it can misalign your mechanisms, and it becomes more difficult to open and close the doors. Glass Doctor specialists bring the right tools to install and maintain commercial door closes to ensure that:
- The lifespan of your door closer is elongated.
- The door remains in good working condition.
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of the doors are prevented.
Styles of Door Closers
When choosing the style of your door closer it is important to think about what aesthetic you are looking for with your business. How much are you willing to spend? Is the door closer going to be attached to an existing door or installed along with a new door?
Glass Doctor of Texoma offers a wide variety of style to match what you are looking for:
- Top Jam - used most frequently on glass storefront doors.
- Regular Arm - is the most power efficient and is mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Parallel Arm - because of their inability to be vandalized, these are the top choice for schools.
- Surface Mounted - fitted to the doorframe, this is the most cost-effective.
- Floor-Spring - this type is hidden and mounted to the floor.
- Concealed - fitted into the door or the doorframe and hidden from sight.
Don’t accidentally void the contract on your door closer by having an untrained worker attempt to repair it. The Glass Doctor of Texoma’s technicians are experts in their field and trained in installing, maintain, and repairing these commercial door closers along with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass and hardware. Schedule an appointment with our specialists today or call us at (580) 634-3300 today!