For many homeowners considering an interior redesign, it can often be a challenge to imagine what certain elements can do for the beauty and functionality of your home. But even something as simple as a perfectly placed custom mirror or two can breathe new life into an otherwise boring space.
From Victorian to traditional interior design, the glass solutions experts at Glass Doctor® of Northwest Arkansas offer homeowners in the greater Springdale area suitable home decor. Our remarkable selection of stock or completely custom mirrors will enhance any interior decor. We proudly provide all of our residential clients with decades of experience in designing and creating beautiful custom mirrors for any home.
Create Depth and the Illusion of Space
One of the greatest benefits of mirrors is their ability to reflect natural and artificial light in such a way that an illusion of greater space is created. There is simply no better way to visually open up a room than with a strategically placed mirror. Whether you prefer custom-cut, elegantly framed mirrors or a gleaming wall of modern mirrored tiles, our experts will be happy to provide you with a personal, in-home consultation to discuss your needs.
Use mirrors throughout your home to achieve a beautiful decor:
- Small Rooms: Installing two wall mirrors on opposite walls will reflect each other and enlarge the space.
- Fireplace: A large, custom-framed mirror over a fireplace brightens the room and reflects the warm glow.
- Patio: Making a large mirror part of an outside wall creates the illusion of an endless garden while reflecting a pool or candlelight at night.
- Kitchen: Mirrored glass panels used as a backsplash brighten and enlarge a small kitchen.
Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
Mirrors aren't merely useful tools, they're often distinctive home design elements. The glass experts at Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas will be happy to work with you to design spectacular, eye-catching mirrors in any size, shape or finish. Here are a few design examples using decorative mirrors:
- Mirrored Shelves: Custom-cut mirrored shelves reflect the beautiful lines of collectibles or treasured antiques.
- Hanging Mirrors: Well-placed mirrors direct natural light toward an area containing featured art pieces.
- Framed Mirrors: The craftsmanship of custom-framed mirrors is always visually arresting, no matter the mirror’s size.
Enhance Your Home's Natural Light
Mirrors reflect light instead of absorbing it; so strategically placed pieces brighten any size room. To bring more light into your home's interior, consider one of the following tricks used by professional decorators:
- Hang a mirror directly across from a window in a small room; it tricks the eye into seeing another window while brightening and enlarging the area.
- Take advantage of artificial light by hanging mirrors next to wall-mounted lights or by mounting a large mirror on a wall beneath a chandelier.
Mirrors Made to Impress
Tall mirrors not only add height to an area, they easily become focal pieces. Bedrooms, halls and entryways are all excellent locations for such impressive mirrors. Whether you prefer a freestanding piece or having a floor-to-ceiling mirror professionally mounted, the specialists at Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas will expertly assist you in choosing the location, size and style of your statement piece.