Fixing a damaged windshield is not a one-size-fits-all operation. Circumstances dictate the restoration options available, and it requires a professional to determine whether a complete replacement or a simple repair will solve the problem. Glass Doctor® of Seguin, TX understands windshield glass repair. Our auto glass specialists are equipped with the industry knowledge and hands-on expertise required to ensure that your windshield service completely restores the structural integrity of your vehicle.
Maintaining your windshield is paramount for ensuring passenger and driver safety. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), which develops the North American standards for proper windshield replacement and repair, confirms that a significant portion of the strength and structural integrity of your vehicle is established by your windshield: up to 45% during a front-end collision and as much as 60% during a rollover incident.
Our windshield glass repair specialists recommend solving the problem before it requires a total replacement. We perform windshield repairs according to AGSC guidelines. However, both the extent and the age of the damage will dictate if a repair is possible. Factors include:
- Size: With occasional exceptions, typically chips that are less than 3/8 inch and cracks smaller than three inches are possible to repair.
- Location: Damage that is situated very near the edge or within the driver's line of vision usually require a full replacement.
- Age: Embedded dirt reduces repair options. The longer you ignore small damages, the more likely they'll require a complete windshield replacement.
Our Windshield Repair Service
We make it easy to arrange for windshield repair service. Our experts arrive onsite, assess the damage, and solve the problem. Using specific cleaning tools and techniques, the affected area is prepped to receive the specialized resin that restores your windshield's integrity, and the hardened resin polished to perfection. The entire process is typically completed within one hour.
Since windshield repairs are often covered by your auto insurance policy, we'll also work with your carrier on the claim, completing the paperwork for you.
Professional Replacement Procedures
In the event that you require a complete windshield replacement, our windshield glass repair experts scrupulously follow established industry guidelines. The procedure includes:
- Cautiously removing your compromised windshield. The specific removal process prevents damages to the boding surface, which causes leaks.
- A replacement windshield, matching your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality and specifications, is chosen.
- Following ASGC recommended procedures and using only approved adhesives, the windshield is replaced.
- The curing time is observed to ensure a proper bond.
Each windshield replacement that we perform is backed by our one year G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. Although certain conditions apply, if your new windshield becomes damaged, we'll conduct windshield glass repair for free, or cover the cost of new glass if a replacement is necessary.
Our auto glass specialists can provide dependable solutions that will keep you in the driver's seat. Find out more about our windshield repair and replacement service and the additional guarantees we offer by contacting Glass Doctor of Seguin, TX today.