Commercial Door Closer Service
A customer’s first impression of your business is when they walk through the door. Don’t let a faulty door leave the wrong impression in their mind. Contact Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque to keep your entrance in tip-top shape with our commercial door closer. Our specialists are trained to install and repair door closers so that your business has an inviting and easily accessible entrance.
What is a Commercial Door Closer?
A commercial door closer allows your customers to open a heavy glass door easily and pass through without having to physically close the door. If a closer is installed properly it will:
- Allow customers to feel some resistance as they open the door, allowing them to feel how heavy the door actually is.
- After the initial resistance, the door slowly glides open.
- As the customer walks into the store, letting go of the door, a spring located in the door closer forces the mechanism’s arm to close gently until the door returns to the frame.
All of these steps allow for customers to smoothly enter your business and not let the door slam shut behind them.
Varying Styles of Door Closers
Commercial Door Closers come in a variety of style, and Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque will help you to decide which best fits your door. The most common door closer styles are:
- Regular Arm: The most power efficient, it is mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Top Jam: This type is used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Parallel Arm - These are most commonly used in schools because of they are less susceptible to vandalism
- Concealed: These door closers are fitted into the door/doorframe and hidden from sight.
- Surface-mounted: Fitted to the doorframe, usually this is most cost-effective.
- Floor-spring: This door spring is concealed and mounted to the floor instead on in the door.
Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque has trained professionals who perform the following steps in order to install your commercial door closer to your storefront door:
- Identify the right door closer for your storefront door.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation – taking measurements and dimensions.
- Install necessary hardware to both the doorframe and door.
- Connect both pieces of the commercial door closer.
These specialists take the upmost care to either install a new storefront door with a commercial door closer to your building or to an existing door.
Commercial Door Closer Repair and Maintenance
Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque’s technicians frequently repair and replace door closers because of three key problems:
- Incorrect Types of Door Closers – Heavy glass doors require strong door closers with strong springs that can hold the force of the door. If a storefront door has the wrong type of closer, it poses a safety risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door.
- Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels – Broken seals can expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable and may cause lubricant leaks. Oil leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem, such as a broken O-ring or a missing screw. It is imperative to have a glass professional replace the oil in a door closer because a lack of lubricant causes doors to open or close quickly, posing a safety risk.
- Improperly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers – Improperly installed door closers lead to the risk of misalignment and make it more difficult to open and close the doors. Glass Doctor specialists bring the right equipment to maintain your door closer, ensuring that:
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of the door are prevented.
- The door remain in good working conditions.
- Have the lifespan of the door closer maximized.
Commercial Door Closer Maintenance Services
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t accidently void your contract by having an untrained worker attempt to repair it. The professional and courteous workers at Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque are experts in their field and have extensive training in installing, maintaining, and repairing these commercial door closers. In addition to offering door closer installation and repair services, our specialists also are fully trained in helping with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass, and other hardware.
Schedule an appointment with our specialists today for a free consultation.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.