Commercial Door Closer Service
A customer’s first impression of your business occurs when they walk through the door. Don’t let a faulty door leave the wrong impression in their mind. Contact Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque to help keep your entrance in tip-top shape with our commercial door closer. Our service professionals are trained to install and repair door closers so that your business has an inviting and easily accessible entrance.
What is a Commercial Door Closer?
A commercial door closer allows your customers to open a heavy glass door easily and pass through without having to close the door physically. Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque provides hydraulic closers that will help gain easier access to your building entrance. If a closer is installed properly, it will:
- Allow customers to feel some resistance as they open the door, showing them how heavy the door actually is.
- After the initial resistance, the door slowly glides open.
- As the customer walks into the store, letting go of the door, a spring located in the door closer forces the mechanism’s arm to close gently until the door returns to the frame.
These steps help customers smoothly enter your business and not let the door slam shut behind them.
Varying Styles of Door Closers
Commercial Door Closers come in a variety of styles, and Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque can help you decide which best fits your door. The most common door closer styles are:
- Regular Arm: Usually the most power efficient, it is mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Top Jam: This type is used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Parallel Arm - These are most commonly used in schools because they can be less susceptible to vandalism
- Concealed: These door closers are fitted into the door/doorframe and hidden from sight.
- Surface-mounted: Fitted to the doorframe, usually this is most cost-effective.
- Floor-spring: This door spring is concealed and mounted to the floor instead on in the door.
Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque has trained professionals who perform the following steps to install your commercial door closer to your storefront door:
- Identify the right door closer for your storefront door.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation – taking measurements and dimensions.
- Install necessary hardware to both the doorframe and door.
- Connect both pieces of the commercial door closer.
Our service professionals take the utmost care to either install a new storefront door with a commercial door closer to your building or to add a door closer to an existing door.
Commercial Door Closer Repair and Maintenance
If you already have a door closer but need an adjustment, our experts are trained to repair several issues. Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque professionals frequently repair and replace door closers because of these key problems:
Glass Doctor service professionals bring the right equipment to maintain your door closer, helping to prevent abnormal or unexpected movements, and the increase the lifespan of the door closer .
Commercial Door Closer Maintenance Services
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t accidentally void your contract by having an untrained technician attempt to repair it. The professional and courteous workers at Glass Doctor of Northeast Albuquerque are experts in their field and have extensive training in installing, maintaining and repairing these commercial door closers. In addition to offering door closer installation and repair services, our professionals also are trained in doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass, and other hardware.
- Incorrect Types of Door Closers – Heavy glass doors require strong door closers with strong springs that can hold the door’s force. If a storefront door has the wrong type of closer, it could pose a safety risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door.
- Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels – Broken seals can expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable and may cause lubricant leaks. If your door closer is leaking oil, it generally indicates a mechanical problem, such as a broken O-ring or a missing screw. It is imperative to have a glass professional replace the oil in a door closer because a lack of lubricant can cause doors to open or close quickly, potentially posing a safety risk.
- Improperly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers – Improperly installed door closers can lead to the risk of misalignment and make it more difficult to open and close the doors.
Schedule an appointment with our service professionals online or call us at (505) 433-2811 today for a consultation.