When your windshield is damaged, time is of the essence. Windshield crack repair is easy if performed immediately but becomes more difficult the longer you let the damage sit. A damaged windshield also leaves your car unprepared for accidents, placing you and your passengers at risk. With Glass Doctor® Auto of Midvale, UT, there's no need to wait. We offer quick, effective windshield crack repair at an affordable price, keeping you safe from harm.
Windshield Service Criteria
The first step in windshield crack repair is deciding whether to restore the windshield or replace it. We base this decision on:
- Extent of Damage: The greater the damage, the harder it is to fix. We can repair cracks shorter than three inches and chips smaller than 3/8 inch; anything larger warrants a new windshield.
- Affected Area: If the damage lies directly in front of your eyes, the repair is not advisable, as the repaired area will be harder to see through than new glass. Repair is also difficult if there is a crack along the windshield's edge, as such cracks spread rapidly.
- Wait Time: If you leave cracks and chips unattended, dirt and debris will collect in the glass and make repairs more difficult. The sooner you fix the windshield, the less likely you will need to replace it.
To ease the hassle of any windshield service, our team will manage the insurance paperwork for you. We accept payment from all major auto insurance companies.
The Benefits of Reliable Repair Service
Windshield crack repair is by far the most cost-effective way to deal with glass damage. The benefits of repair include:
- Expediency: Windshield repairs generally take less than an hour. Replacements require more time because the glass adhesive must dry.
- Savings: Windshield repair costs far less in parts, resources and labor than replacement.
- Coverage: Not only is windshield repair less expensive, but your insurance company may be willing to bear what little cost there is.
We begin the repair process by cleaning the damaged area of debris, often by drilling a small hole in the glass. The service professional then uses specialty tools to insert the resin. Once the resin has been cured and polished, it is virtually indistinguishable from the rest of the windshield.
When Replacement Is Required
A severely compromised windshield should not be left unattended for any length of time. Your car relies on the windshield for structural integrity during crashes. To fix the damage and restore your car to a safe condition, we:
- Extract the old windshield, taking care not to cause damage to the vehicle by scratching the surface
- Obtain a windshield that complies with Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS ®)
- Choose an adhesive that meets the recommendations of the Auto Glass Safety Council™
- Install the new windshield according to the council's regulations
- Wait one hour for the adhesive to cure completely
Any windshield we service is covered by our Windshield Protection Plan®, a warranty that provides free windshield crack repair for the next year. If you need to replace your windshield again during the 12 months, our guarantee covers the costs of the new windshield.
Schedule Your Windshield Service Today
Windshield damage is nothing to take lightly. The Glass Doctor® Auto of Midvale, UT team has the training, experience and commitment to restore your glass, allowing you to drive without fear.