Windshield Repair and Replacement
Any windshield damage poses a serious danger to both you and passengers, making repair or replacement an immediate priority. If you need help now, contact Glass Doctor® of Houma to receive expert assistance at a moment's notice. Our specialists repair minor chips, but if the damage exceeds three inches in size, windshield replacement is the safest solution.
Windshield Damage Assessment
In order to determine if repair or a completely new installation is best, our glass specialists will examine several aspects of your windshield damage:
Location: Any fissures or cracks in your windshield that have expanded to the edge of the glass should be replaced immediately. Likewise, cracks or chips in the windshield that obscure your line of sight are best fixed with a new windshield installation.
Size: Typically any chips in the glass that exceed 3/8 inch require the windshield to be replaced. Cracks that are longer than three inches warrant a new installation as well.
Time Elapsed: Waiting an extended period of time to repair your damaged windshield will make replacement that much more challenging. Dirt and other materials will get into the damaged area over time, often requiring a new windshield to be installed.
To save you time, Glass Doctor of Houma works will all top auto insurance providers and we'll even handle the paperwork on your behalf. To expedite the repair or replacement process, it's recommended to contact your insurance agent to ensure your windshield is covered.
The majority of windshield repairs are completed on-location in less than 30 minutes, preventing the damage from becoming more extensive and reducing any inconvenience to your normal schedule.
Glass Doctor of Houma will advise windshield repair instead of replacement for several reasons:
- Affordability: Repairing your windshield will cost much less than a fresh installation.
- Convenience: The majority of windshield repairs will be completed in under an hour.
- Insurance Benefits: Most insurance providers are more than happy to waive your deductible, paying for the repair of your windshield in full.
- Environmentally Friendly: Broken windshields end up at landfills where they will remain forever, making windshield repair an eco-friendly solution.
First, any debris or dirt is removed from the damaged area of your windshield, so our repair resin can effectively set. This special resin is injected into your windshield until it is fully cured. Afterwards our seasoned specialists will polish the area to a crystal clear finish.
In addition to our special offers, Glass Doctor of Houma is now offering 10% off windshield repairs and replacements for all Jeeps
A damaged windshield is something that should be taken very seriously. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) estimates approximately 60% of a vehicle’s structural integrity is dependent on the windshield in rollover incidents. Glass Doctor of Houma will take great care to ensure your new windshield is installed with precision and close attention to detail.
- Your old windshield will be removed with care, ensuring that no damage to your vehicle or the windshield's bonding surface occurs.
- Our specialists will locate an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) windshield to replace your old one.
- The adhesives our specialists use to install a new windshield are approved by the AGSC.
- All of the best practices put forward by the AGSC are followed when installing a new windshield. After installation, the vehicle is driven for one hour to check for integrity and allow the adhesive to cure completely.
As a proud member of the South Louisiana Jeep Association, Glass Doctor of Houma is now offering 10% off windshield repairs and replacements for all Jeeps! Visit our special offers page today to claim your discount.
For up to 12 months Glass Doctor of Houma will honor our Windshield Protection Plan. This guarantee states any damage done to your vehicle within this time frame will be repaired free of charge.
For expert repair or windshield replacement today, contact Glass Doctor of Houma over the phone or fill out a quick service request online today.