Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your vehicle has suffered windshield damage, choosing whether to have your windshield repaired or replaced is a difficult and hugely important decision. Experts at Glass Doctor® Auto of Fargo will make the right choice.
While windshield chips are often easily repairable, any substantial cracks often require windshield replacement in order to preserve the safety standard of the vehicle.
Windshield Replacement Support Process
Glass Doctor Auto of Fargo specialists are the best people to turn to when you are unsure whether your vehicle requires a windshield repair or a whole replacement. Our team takes into account the particular elements of each specific vehicle before making a decision. Three factors that influence the service:
- Size & Shape: Any chips deeper than 3/8 inch or that span more than three inches long are often too severe to be repaired and will require a windshield replacement.
- Location: Cracks on edges have a tendency to spread out across the windshield, meaning that a replacement is often the best choice. This is also the case with any damage directly in the driver's vision field. Temporary repairs leave settle marks on the windshield that may distract drivers, ultimately putting the driver at unnecessary risk.
- Timespan: Dirt and debris build up in cracks that have been neglected for too long, making a successful repair impossible. Any damage exposed to a substantial accumulation of dirt and debris will require a replacement.
When windshield replacement is necessary, Glass Doctor Auto of Fargo goes through a set of professional procedures to restore the support strength of your windshield. We replace windshields with a model that matches the original equipment manufacturer quality. If your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, Glass Doctor Auto of Fargo will repair or replace the glass.
Glass Doctor Auto of Fargo will always seek to repair your windshields if possible. Reasons for repair are:
- It's More Convenient For You: While windshield replacements are a more involved process, our specialists can perform repairs in less than an hour at your site.
- It's Cheaper: If there’s no need for a windshield replacement, the Glass Doctor Auto of Fargo team will opt to repair instead. This saves you money, as repair costs are often cheaper than replacement expenses.
- It Has InsuranceAdvantages: Insurance companies are often much happier to make payments for repairs rather than whole windshield replacements.
- It's Actually Safer: Repairing your windshield keeps the original safety-approved, factory equipment intact.
- It's Better For The Environment: The less glass that goes into landfill the better.
Glass Doctor Auto of Fargo specialists are professionally trained in windshield repair, and begin the process by clearing any debris or dirt that has gotten into the impacted area. Once this build-up is removed successfully, the team injects a repair resin. The resin is cured, and, once it has settled, a professional polish is provided to ensure that your vehicle retains its appearance.
The longer you leave a damaged windshield unattended, the more danger you are putting yourself and your passengers in. Contact Glass Doctor Auto of Fargo today for the best advice, support and windshield work. We offer 24/7 emergency services, meaning you can set an appointment for your vehicle at anytime, anywhere.
Call 701-540-9684 or check online for appointments, support and all the glass repair and replacement information you could possibly want!