Commercial Door Closer Service
The entrance of your establishment could be the first impression any customer will have of your business. A door that sticks or is hard to open can give your customer a bad impression of your business right away. By installing a commercial door closer, your store entrance will allow customers easy access that helps ensures the safety of not only them but of your door as well.
Glass Doctor of Home + Business of Durham Region® provides commercial door closer installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance services to our customers to help with their commercial doors.
What is a Door Closer?
Commercial door closers are mechanisms attached to either the top or bottom of the door that helps customers open a heavy glass or wooden door easily without having to physically close the door themselves. This mechanism also helps keep the doors from slamming shut behind customers as they enter your business.
Commercial door closers, when properly installed, work in the following ways:
- Customers first open the door, feeling initial resistance, showing how heavy the door truly is.
- After that initial resistance, the door smoothly glides open.
- After the customer enters the store, letting go of the door, a spring in the door closer will force the mechanism’s arm to close the door gently until it returns to the doorframe.
Variety of Styles
Commercial door closers can be installed on a variety of new or existing doors. Businesses that use commercial door closers are widely varied, from hospitals to schools, small businesses, restaurants, and everything in between. Glass Doctor of Home + Business of Durham Region gives our customers a large variety of styles to help match the aesthetic of your business. The styles are:
- Regular Arm: this is typically the most power efficient and is mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Parallel Arm: because of their difficulty to be vandalized, these are usually used in schools.
- Top Jam: this is used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Floor-Spring: concealed and mounted to the floor, this type is usually used for discretion.
- Surface-Mounted: usually the most cost-effective, this type is fitted to the doorframe.
- Concealed: fitted into the door or the doorframe, this type is hidden from sight.
Door Closer Installation
The service professionals at Glass Doctor of Home + Business of Durham Region will perform the following steps to install your commercial door closer to your storefront door:
- Identify the right type of door closer to fit your door and the aesthetic of your business.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to both the doorframe and the door.
- Connect the pieces of the commercial door closer.
- Check the mechanism to make sure that everything is working properly.
Door Closer Repair and Maintenance
If they are not properly taken care of, commercial door closers may have to be frequently repaired or replaced. Glass Doctor service professionals found that these are typically the main problems with door closers:
- Broken Seals and Low Oil Levels: Broken seals can expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable to lubricant leaks. These leaks may cause low oil levels, which generally indicate a mechanical problem with the door closer. These problems can range from a broken O-ring to a failed seal or a missing screw.
- Incorrect Types of Door Closers: Heavy glass doors usually require a strong mechanism with strong springs that can hold the weight and force of the door. If a door has the incorrect door closer installed, it can pose a safety risk of misalignment that could damage the door.
- Incorrectly Adjusted or Installed Door Closers: Improperly installed door closers could lead to the risk of an asymmetrical alignment and possibly make it difficult to open and close your storefront door. Glass Doctor of Home + Business of Durham Region service professionals bring the right tools to install and maintain commercial door closers to help with:
- The prevention of abnormal or unexpected door movements.
- Maximizing the lifespan of your door closer.
- Your door closer remaining in good working condition.
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t accidentally void your contract by having an untrained worker perform repairs on it. It is important to have a professional replace the oil in your door closer because lack of lubrication could lead to your doors opening or closing too quickly. The courteous professionals at Glass Doctor of Home + Business of Durham Region are experts in their field and are also trained in helping with doorframes, glass repair, hinges, and storefront glass. Our glass experts are eager to help you.
If you are looking for a way to make a great first impression for your business, look no further than Glass Doctor of Home + Business of Durham Region’s commercial door closer. Our service professionals go through the entire process of installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance to help keep your storefront in tip-top shape. Schedule an appointment or call us today at (833) 974-0209 today!