Solar screens are a great way to cut your Texarkana home’s cooling costs as well as protect your interior furniture from harmful rays. Choose Glass Doctor® of Texarkana to maintain your home's energy efficiency.
What is a window solar screen?
Window solar screens are shading frameworks designed to prevent excessive heat gain or loss in a home. The sun’s UV rays are harmful not only to skin but interior decor. These rays easily pass through ordinary panes. A solar screen has the capacity to block up to 70% of these harmful rays without blocking the view or preventing free air circulation in the house.
Solar screens offer a wide range of benefits that exceed ordinary screens:
- Solar screens block detrimental UVA and UVB rays, which can cause skin damage and vision impairment.
- The screens are tinted to allow enough light into the house during daytime, yet maintain a reasonable level of privacy.
- They are easily installed in almost any size and type of window.
- They bear a weave tight enough to block insects, yet big enough to allow a cool breeze to flow into the home.
- They serve to reduce excessive heat build-up in the summer and excessive heat loss in the winter, keeping your home temperature friendly throughout.
- By regulating the temperature in your house, sunscreens reduce electricity costs.
- They are made of strong vinyl-coated polyesters, which make them more durable, reducing their maintenance costs.
- They are also aesthetically attractive to give your house a consistent exterior appearance.
Solar Screens offer an economically efficient solution that is also the comprehensive answer to many window-related issues.
To ensure you end up with the perfect solar screens that best suit your home, consult a Glass Doctor of Texarkana specialist. Contact us today or schedule an appointment online.