Windshield Replacement & Repair in Molalla, OR
When you consider how fundamental your windshield is to your vehicle’s structure, seeking an immediate solution ought to be any vehicle owner's first priority. Your safest option is Glass Doctor®of Molalla, OR. We will repair your cracked windshield using the industry’s best practices.
Replace or Repair?
When we examine your windshield damage, the size and location of the damage are the first indicators that replacement rather than repair might be necessary. The specialists at Glass Doctor of Molalla, OR will consider these three important factors:
- Size: When your windshield chip is smaller than a quarter or a crack is smaller than three inches, repairs are able to be done.
- Location: Damage done in the driver’s line of sight or at the edges of the windshield cannot be repaired.
- Time Span: As time goes on, dirt and grime will build up in cracks and chips, making it difficult to replace your auto glass.
Depending on your insurance carrier, your auto policy may cover windshield damages. It is recommended that you contact your insurance agent to verify your coverage as soon as the damage occurs. We will also file the paperwork, leaving this process as stress-free as possible.
At Glass Doctor of Molalla, OR, our fair prices take away the strain of windshield repair expenses, so it’s all about your safety. Your car’s windshield is part of the vehicle’s structural support, which protects you and your passengers during an accident. During a front-end collision, your windshield gives you 45% of the car’s total protection.
Our glass specialists will carefully clear debris from the area to prevent damage to exterior paint or interior dash. After creating a clean passage on the windshield, a reparative resin is inserted. After the resin is cured, the windshield glass is polished to a clear, seamless finish. Glass Doctor of Molalla, OR recommends repair over replacement because:
- Repairs are faster than replacements; most can be completed within an hour.
- It is the economical, eco-friendly choice. Glass is not biodegradable and will sit for years in at a dump site.
- Insurance companies appreciate an effort to keep their costs lower.
- Repairs cost significantly less than replacements, saving you money.
If windshield replacement is necessary, there’s no need to delay. Our team will coordinate the damage assessment and schedule your vehicle’s windshield replacement to accommodate your timeframe.
Our experienced team works quickly, and we follow a proven process for windshield replacement. Your replacement windshield will meet the standards set forth by the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS). The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) must approve every windshield and all adhesives we use.
To reduce risk of damage to the exterior paint or interior dash, your windshield is carefully removed. After we replace your windshield, there is a one-hour drive-away time so the adhesive will properly set. Glass Doctor of Molalla, OR offers a Windshield Protection Plan which protects your new windshield so that if damaged within 12 months after replacement, we will repair it.
There’s simply no good reason to jeopardize your safety by driving with a cracked or chipped windshield. Call Glass Doctor of Molalla, OR today to schedule an appointment or contact our glass professionals with questions about your service options.