Windshield Repair and Replacement
Your windshield is more than a convenient way to watch the road. It’s crucial to your vehicle’s structural support system. At Glass Doctor® of Buchanan, MI, we know that seemingly simple problems, such as minor cracks and chips, jeopardize your safety on the road. Small chips create blind spots in your field of vision. Simple cracks spread across your windshield, decreasing its capacity to protect you. To solve these issues, we recommend our windshield chip repair to restore your windshield and keep you safe.
Choosing the Best Auto Glass Service
When your damage is minor, instead of windshield replacement, repair is an economical option. However, it’s not the right solution for every vehicle. We examine your windshield and consider several factors to determine if your damage is safely repairable.
- Repair is an option for chips less than 3/8 inches in diameter or cracks less than three inches in length.
- We don’t recommend repairs for chips located in your line of vision, as the process reduces windshield clarity. We don’t repair cracks with splintered edges, as the damage often spreads even after repair service is complete.
- When your damage is old, dirt buildup prevents a successful repair.
Our Windshield Repair Process
When possible, we restore your minor cracks and chips, using our simple windshield chip repair process, which costs far less than a windshield replacement. We prepare your windshield then inject resin into the damaged area. When the resin cures, we polish it to a shine. Our glass repair process takes about 30 minutes. Its benefits make it a popular choice among car owners:
- Windshield repairs are economically sound. They allow you to keep your windshield intact. It doesn’t become debris added to your local landfill.
- Because repairing your windshield is less costly than replacing it, many insurance companies waive your deductible and pay your entire repair claim.
- When your glass repair is covered by auto insurance, we work with your insurance company to complete your claim documentation.
Your safety is our top priority, so when windshield chip repair is not the right option for your vehicle we recommend windshield replacement. We follow the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) standards to ensure a pristine repair.
- When we remove your windshield, we take care to avoid paint damage, rust problems, and leakage problems.
- We use only original equipment manufacturer parts.
- Our adhesives are AGSC approved.
- We follow recommended repairs to ensure quality and safety.
- When your windshield is damaged within 12 months after we replace it, we repair or replace it for free based on the terms of our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee
Let Us Keep You Safe
Windshield damage isn’t a minor issue, but it’s simple to resolve. Glass Doctor of Buchanan, MI, restores your windshield. We'll repair your damaged windshield when and where you choose. Call 269-682-0643 to schedule your glass repair or replacement or for more information.