Windshield Repair and Replacement
When you have a crack or chip in your windshield, it obstructs your view of the road and interferes with your ability to drive safely. Left alone, windshield damage often spreads. Minor hazards become major problems that affect your vehicle's structural integrity and contribute to injuries during an accident.
At Glass Doctor® of The Woodlands, we understand that windshield care is important to your safety. We professionally restore your auto glass with fast, inexpensive repair or complete windshield glass replacement. We perform the work at a time and place that's convenient to you.
Determining Windshield Repair or Replacement
Windshield repair is a cost-saving solution for minor damage that meets these guidelines.
- Damage size: A repairable chip measures 3/8 inch in diameter or less. A repairable crack must be less than three inches in length.
- Placement: Due to potential view obstructions, we don't recommend repairs for windshield damage in critical viewing areas or splintered cracks as they may easily spread.
- Age: The dirt buildup in longstanding cracks may prevent a successful repair.
Our specialists complete your windshield repair process in about an hour. We prepare your windshield then inject resin into the damage with a special tool. We wait while the resin cures, then we polish it until it shines. Our process offers these benefits:
- Convenience: We bring our mobile glass shop to you.
- Economy: The process is fast and economical.
- Deductible savings: Repair is a cost-saving option, so your insurance company may waive your vehicle damage deductible.
- Eco-Awareness: Repairs produce minimal waste. Also, your damaged windshield doesn't end up in the local landfill.
We are proud members of the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). We understand that your windshield is crucial to your vehicle's structural support system and to occupant protection. When we perform your windshield glass replacement, we keep your safety in mind. Our service sets your vehicle up for a successful replacement:
- During windshield removal, we take care to avoid paint, rust, and leakage damage.
- We follow industry standards when performing any replacement work.
- We only replace windshields with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) glass.
- We use only AGSC-approved adhesives.
- You drive away with our guarantee.
Schedule Your Windshield Repair or Replacement
At Glass Doctor of The Woodlands, we resolve your glass safety issues quickly and efficiently. Whether your windshield requires repair or a complete windshield glass replacement, we perform the work professionally and at a time and place that's convenient to your schedule. Visit our appointment page to schedule your windshield service or call 346-224-7932 for more information.