A keen way to have your business make a good first impression is with automatic doors. Whether you have a retail store, health care facility, office or restaurant, the last thing you want is to have customers struggling to get in and out of your establishment. In Waco, Killeen, Temple and surrounding areas, Glass Doctor® of Heart of Texas has specialists certified with the American Association of Automatic Door Manufacturers (AAADM) for your automatic door installation, inspection and servicing needs.
Benefits of Automatic Doors
- Nearly 99% of customers prefer an automatic door, according to the AAADM
- Increased safety and security
- Increased convenience and ease of use
- Better temperature control within the building
- Reduced energy costs because doors only stay open as long as needed
Types of Automatic Doors Serviced and Inspected
- Sliding doors: Sliding doors move horizontally to open and close. In an emergency, an individual can push or swing the door open to escape or enter a building.
- Swinging doors: Swinging doors swing in and out, like traditional doors. Businesses with these types of doors generally have a set of two doors - one that swings inward and another that swings outward.
- Folding doors: Used in areas that have minimal space, folding doors have two or more panels that swing in or out and slide into place, in an accordion-like fashion.
Maintenance and Inspections for Automatic Doors
To ensure the safety of the automatic doors at your place of business, Glass Doctor of the Heart of Texas and the AAADM recommend that you perform daily inspections using the AAADM’s checklist. The AAADM also recommends that you have your business’ automatic entries professionally inspected by an AAADM-certified specialist at least once a year or according to the company’s planned maintenance program.
Regular maintenance and inspections help guarantee that automatic entrances remain safe and in good working order. They also help catch small issues before they become larger, more expensive problems. Some of the things that a specialist from Glass Doctor of the Heart of Texas will inspect include:
- Door closing speed and force
- Time delays
- The position of sensors and activation devices
- The condition of required safety labels
From fixing the glass in your storefront to maintaining your automatic doors, Glass Doctor of the Heart of Texas has you covered. To learn more about our services or to schedule an inspection, contact us today.