When your windshield sustains minor damage, you face a difficult choice: repair the damage or replace the glass. The auto glass specialists at Glass Doctor® of Valdosta, GA act quickly to assess the damage, repair chips and replace cracked windshields, to ensure your vehicle is structurally sound and safe to drive.
Glass Doctor of Valdosta, GA uses three factors to determine whether windshield repair or replacement is appropriate.
- Location: If the damage is at the edge of the windshield or in the driver’s direct line of site, Glass Doctor recommends replacement to maintain structural integrity.
- Size: Windshield repair is optimal in situations where the chip is roughly the size of a quarter or the crack is less than six inches.
- Time: If your windshield is left unattended, dirt and debris can accumulate making it difficult to repair. If dirt cannot be completely removed from the damaged area, a full windshield replacement is necessary.
The most affordable option is repairing your windshield, but auto glass repair has other advantages.
- Convenience: Most repairs take less than an hour to complete.
- Insurance: Your insurance company is likely to waive or reduce your deductible when you choose to repair your windshield.
- Environmentally Friendly: Repairs drastically reduce the amount of glass in landfills.
The repair process is simple. The auto glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Valdosta, GA clean the damaged area and create a path for the repair resin. A resin is then injected into damaged area. Once the resin has cured and the windshield restores it’s structural integrity, a glass specialists will polish the area to a clear finish.
A structurally sound windshield is vital to your family’s safety. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) estimates that approximately 60% of a vehicle’s structural integrity comes from the windshield. A damaged windshield can lead to a collapse of your vehicle’s roof in a rollover accident.
Glass Doctor of Valdosta, GA begins the replacement process by selecting glass that matches the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Our glass specialists then remove the old windshield, making sure to protect the bonding surface. When installing the new windshield, Glass Doctor uses adhesives recommended by the AGSC. The windshield is then left to cure for an hour to ensure proper installation.
All windshield replacements include the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which offers repairs on damaged glass and free windshield replacement if the glass is cracked or broken in the first 12 months.
Windshields are an important line of defense that keeps your family safe while driving. Glass Doctor of Valdosta, GA works quickly and affordably to get your vehicle back on the road. Contact our glass specialist today to repair your damaged windshield!
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.