Windshield Repair and Replacement
When you encounter damage to your windshield, it's essential to repair or replace it as soon as possible. Glass Doctor of Tallahassee can repair most cracked windshields and also determine if you need a windshield replacement. Most chipped windshields with cracks typically longer than three inches will need to be replaced to protect the structural integrity of your car and the safety of its occupants.
Determining the Best Service
Whenever possible, we always choose to repair windshields instead of recommending a windshield replacement. Our glass experts use several factors to determine which service is the best choice for you:
- Size: Windshields typically need to be replaced if they have chips larger than 3/8 inch or cracks greater than three inches long.
- Location: Cracks around the edges of the windshield tend to spread, and usually require replacement, as do chips or cracks directly in your line of vision.
- Duration: Dirt builds up in cracks over time, so the longer you wait to have your windshield repaired the more likely it is that a full replacement will be necessary.
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Tallahassee have a detailed procedure for repairing windshield glass, starting with removing debris from the area and using a drill to create a space the repair resin. We injected the resin into the damaged area using a specialized tool. Once the resin is injected, it is allowed to dry and then polished to a clear finish.
Our team performs auto glass repairs on all vehicles. We recommend windshield repair over replacement for several reasons:
- Windshield repair is much less expensive than replacement.
- Because repairs are so cost effective, your insurance company may waive your deductible, making it essentially free for you.
- Windshield repair is more convenient. Our team usually completes repairs within an hour.
- It's better for the environment. Choosing repair over replacement keeps your old windshield from ending up in a landfill.
Sometimes a windshield is too severely damaged to be safely repaired. When this happens, our team of trained glass specialists will provide a replacement. We will replace the pane to restore clarity and structural integrity by undergoing a rigorous procedure to make sure your windshield is replaced and get you back on the road safely.
When we remove the damaged windshield, we make sure to avoid damaging the paint and bonding surface. When selecting the new windshield, we match the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications to ensure high quality of work. We replace your windshield by following the procedures outlined by the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC). We will always install windshields matching the original manufacturer's quality by using only AGSC-approved adhesives. To allow the glue to cure completely, we observe the recommended one-hour waiting period.
To ensure every customer has a successful windshield service, we guarantee our replacement glass for a year. Glass Doctor of Tallahassee customers receive our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your windshield incurs damage within the first 12 months, this protection plan will repair your glass for free.
Before setting your appointment, contact your insurance agent to verify coverage before bringing your vehicle to Glass Doctor of Tallahassee for windshield repair or replacement. We work with all major carriers, and will even take care of the insurance filing for you. Don't delay your windshield crack repair, contact Glass Doctor of Tallahassee today.