Windshield Repair and Replacement
When your vehicle's windshield is damaged, it's natural to wonder whether repair or replacement is necessary. Glass Doctor® of Sumter, takes the guesswork out of windshield repair and replacement. If your windshield can be repaired, we will do so quickly and professionally. If the damage is too serious, we will replace your auto glass with a new windshield matching the manufacturer's specifications.
At Glass Doctor of Sumter, we strive to set your mind at ease and get your vehicle back on the road as quickly as possible. When it comes time to decide whether windshield repair or replacement is the right choice, we consider several factors:
- Size: Typically, cracks longer than 3 inches and chips larger than 3/8 inch require immediate windshield replacement. There are occasionally exceptions to this rule, but seriously damaged windshields usually need to be replaced to protect the integrity of your vehicle and the safety of its occupants.
- Location: Cracks in certain locations pose a more serious hazard and require replacement. Splintering cracks around the edges of the windshield generally warrant replacement because of their tendency to spread, and chips or cracks located directly in the driver's line of vision require replacement to prevent impaired visibility.
- Timespan: Chips and cracks that have gone unaddressed for a long time can accumulate dirt and debris, making repairs difficult. If your windshield has been damaged, it is important to contact Glass Doctor of Sumter as quickly as possible to avoid having to replace an entire windshield.
Contact Glass Doctor of Sumter today to prevent a crack in your windshield from threatening your safety. We work with all major insurance carriers and handle the insurance filing for you. We advise all our customers to contact their local agent to verify coverage before bringing a vehicle in for windshield repair or replacement.
The skilled auto glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Sumter have the experience necessary to assist you with all your auto glass needs. Whenever possible, we will repair your windshield rather than replace it. Windshield repair offers several advantages:
- Cost: Windshield repair offers a considerable savings compared with replacement.
- Convenience: Our glass specialists are often able to complete windshield repairs within an hour.
- Insurance: Because it is so much more economical to repair a windshield rather than replace it, your insurance company may waive your deductible and pay for the repair.
- Environment: Repairing your windshield eliminates the need for new glass and keeps your old windshield from ending up in a landfill.
Glass Doctor of Sumter specialists repair your windshield by removing debris and then injecting a special resin into the damaged area. The resin cures and is polished to a clear finish.
If we need to replace your windshield, our team will carefully remove the old glass and select a new windshield matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality. Your new windshield is installed following procedures recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) using only AGSC-approved adhesives. We then allow the recommended one-hour drive away time to pass, ensuring the adhesive completely dries.
When you contact Glass Doctor of Sumter be sure to ask about our Windshield Protection Plan With the Windshield Protection Plan, if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, we will repair or replace the glass for free.
At Glass Doctor of Sumter we make safety our top concern. Contact us today to let us reestablish the integrity of your vehicle.