Commercial Door Closer Repair Services - Glass Doctor of Summerville, SC
First impressions are always important, and they are usually based off the first thing you see. This can mean that your business’ entrance can be the deciding factor for some customers as to whether they want to come in or not. Commercial door closers help to make sure that your door is working properly. Glass Doctor of Summerville, SC provides commercial door closer repair, replacement, and maintenance to your business so that your business’ first impression is the best it can possibly be.
What is a Commercial Door Closer?
A commercial door closer allows customers to easily enter a heavy front door and pass through without having to physically close it. Door closers are used in a wide variety of businesses, from schools to hospitals, businesses, restaurants and everything in between. These mechanisms can be installed to an already existing door or be installed along with a new storefront door.
How does it work?
A properly installed commercial door closer works like this:
- As the customer first opens the door, they will feel initial resistance, showing how heavy the door actually is.
- After the initial resistance, the door will smoothly glide open, allowing the customer to easily enter.
- As the customer lets go of the door, walking inside, a spring in the door closer forces the mechanism’s arm to close the door gently until it returns to the door frame.
Glass Doctor of Summerville, SC performs the following steps in order to install your commercial door closer to your storefront.
- Identify the right door closer for your door.
- Prepare the door and the doorframe for installation.
- Install necessary hardware to both the doorframe and the door.
- Connect all pieces of the commercial door closer.
- Check to make sure all pieces are working and functional.
Styles of Door Closers
Commercial Door Closers come in a variety of styles. The questions that you should consider before deciding what style you want for your door; these questions can range from: What aesthetic am I wanting for my store? What is my budget? Will this be on an existing door or installed along with a new door?
Top-mounted door jambs may be the most widely used type of closers. These types are attached to the top of doors:
- Top Jam: used most frequently will glass storefront doors.
- Parallel-Arm: because of its inability to be vandalized, this type is used frequently in schools.
- Regular Arm: the most power efficient, this type is mounted to the exterior of the door.
Other styles of door closers are as follows:
- Floor-Spring: this is concealed and mounted to the floor.
- Surface-Mounted: usually the most cost-effective, this type is fitted to the doorframe.
- Concealed: fitted into the door or the doorframe, this is hidden from sight.
Repair and Maintenance
At Glass Doctor of Summerville, SC, our specialists frequently have to repair, replace, or perform maintenance on door closers because of three main reasons:
1) Improperly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers - Incorrectly installed door closers lead to a risk of misalignment and make it more difficult to open and close the door. Glass Doctor of Summerville, SC specialists bring the right tools to install and maintain commercial door closers to ensure that:
- The door remains in good working condition.
- Unexpected or irregular movement of the door are prevented.
- The lifespan of the door closer is maximized.
2) Broken Seals and Low Oil Levels - Broken seals expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable and may cause lubricant leaks. These leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem with the door closer. These problems can range from a broken O-ring, to a missing screw or a failed seal. It is imperative that you get a professional to replace the oil in your door closer because lack of lubrication can cause the door to open or close too quickly.
3) Incorrect Types of Door Closers - Heavy storefront doors require strong door closers with strong springs. These springs are in charge of holding the force and weight of the door and gently gliding it closed into the doorframe. If your storefront door has the wrong commercial door closer it can lead to misalignment that can cause damage to the mechanism or the actual door. It also can be dangerous to everyone walking through the door.
The technicians at Glass Doctor of Summerville, SC also perform regular maintenance on your commercial door closers. If you closer is under warranty, don’t accidentally void your contract by having an untrained worker attempt to repair it – call Glass Doctor. The professional and courteous workers are experts in their field and ready to help you in installing, repairing, replacing and maintaining these door closers. Our specialists are also trained in helping with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass and other hardware.