A crack in your vehicle’s windshield can become a catastrophe, with road grime and wear and tear turning a small crack into a much larger problem. Luckily, the trained specialists at Glass Doctor® Southwest Las Vegas will conveniently and economically fix most windshield cracks and chips. When the cracks create structural safety problems, however, the windshield may need to be replaced.
Windshield Repair or Replacement: Which Do You Need?
Glass Doctor of Southwest Las Vegas will repair your windshield if possible, getting you back on the road with little disruption to your schedule or your budget. To determine windshield repair or replacement, we consider these details:
- How big is it? In general, windshield cracks longer than three inches, or chips larger than 3/8 inches across, require windshield replacement.
- Where is it? If a crack reaches the windshield’s edge, it usually needs to be replaced because the crack will only spread if an attempt is made to fix it, either immediately or later. In addition, chipped or cracked areas right in the driver’s sight line necessitate windshield replacement, since repaired areas cure with a slight anomaly, leaving a faint outline.
- How long has it been there? The more time that passes after a windshield crack or chip, the higher the chance of accumulating grime, which can make repairs impossible and make replacing your windshield necessary.
We work with all auto insurance companies and will easily handle insurance paperwork on your behalf. However, it is recommended that you check with your insurance agent to check your coverage.
Windshield repair is the least costly option to repair annoying chips and structurally problematic cracks to keep the damage from spreading. Our team recommends repair over replacement, if possible, because of:
- Added convenience: Our skilled specialists will usually handle your windshield repair in an hour or less.
- Cost savings: Fixing the windshield saves you money over windshield replacement cost.
- Insurance benefits: Due to the savings, many insurance carriers waive deductibles and simply pay for the windshield repair.
- Environmental awareness: Windshield repair keeps your current windshield on your vehicle instead of in the local landfill, where it could remain forever.
To properly repair your windshield, the specialists at Glass Doctor of Southwest Las Vegas clean the damaged area and inject the repair resin. The resin is soon cured and finished to blend in with your windshield.
The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) has found that your vehicle’s windshield can be responsible for more than half of your vehicle’s architectural strength in a rollover accident. To maintain your safety, when the damage warrants it, Glass Doctor of Southwest Las Vegas replaces your vehicle’s windshield using these steps:
- Our trained auto glass specialists remove your windshield with care, avoiding paint damage and protecting the bonding surface, which if breached can cause rust around the windshield.
- A windshield replacement, matching the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS), is prepared for installation.
- The new windshield is installed following AGSC best practices and only AGSC-approved adhesive is used
- After just an hour, your vehicle is ready to drive.
Before you go, your specialists will explain the details of our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, providing repair or replacement if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months.
Glass Doctor of Southwest Las Vegas provides high-quality windshield repair and replacement services to customers. Schedule an appointment with our auto glass specialists today!
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.