Windshield Repair and Replacement
It happens to the best of us - an encounter that leaves your vehicle's windshield damaged. Don't panic, call Glass Doctor® of Northwest Iowa. Our experts will determine the best course of windshield care, which, in many cases, are simple onsite repairs.
Sioux Center drivers trust us to make the right call, so our specialists will decide between windshield repair and replacement service based upon the damage location, extent and cleanliness of the site.
To decide if your best option is windshield repair or replacement, Glass Doctor considers a few factors.
- Damage location: Depending on where the chip or crack is located, different issues come into play. For example, it isn’t ideal to leave repair marks in your line of vision, so distracting damage will most likely require replacement. Cracks located in certain areas will also need to be replaced because they may have a tendency to spread or cause the bond to erode.
- Extent of damage: There are exceptions to every rule, but in general any chip over 3/8 inch or cracks longer than three inches will require replacement.
- Cleanliness of site: The sooner you deal with your repair, the better. If you address damage before dirt build up occurs, it is more likely you will be able to successfully repair your windshield.
Windshield Repair in Sioux Center
Windshield repair saves Sioux Center drivers time and money, so Glass Doctor of Northwest Iowa will often recommend repair over replacement. It is a more affordable method that will prevent the damage from spreading. Plus the convenience of onsite repairs means our team comes to you at a time that best suits your schedule.
To fix your chip, the specialist will clean any dirt or grime from the divot, make sure it is smooth and then fill it with a unique resin that is cured and polished. You’ll also find that insurance carriers will likely waive deductibles in a repair situation.
Windshield Replacement in Sioux Center
Don’t avoid having your windshield replaced. A damaged windshield is a threat to your safety because it plays an integral role in protecting you during a rollover accident. Our Glass Doctor of Northwest Iowa auto glass specialists follow the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) proven guidelines to ensure a perfect replacement.
- Careful removal of the windshield. When done properly, removing your windshield will leave the paint and bonding surface intact.
- A matching windshield is selected for installation. The new windshield is matched to the original equipment manufacturer's quality, so during an accident the windshield will perform as expected and fit perfectly.
- An approved AGSC adhesive secures your new windshield.
- The AGSC recommended drive-away time is observed, which ensures the adhesive has cured.
While you wait for the adhesive to cure, our team will go over our complimentaryG12® Road Hazard Guarantee. We protect your new windshield for 12 months after the initial installation. This free service provides repairs and one replacement yearly.
Glass Doctor of Northwest Iowa sorts out your insurance coverage, making the claim process easy. We work with all major carriers and will handle the filing for you. When your windshield sustains damage, contact your insurance agent to verify coverage before stopping in at our Rock Valley location.
Never trust your auto glass to an unprofessional handyman. Glass Doctor of Northwest Iowa delivers quality auto glass care to the Sioux Center area. Our experienced specialists possess the skills to assist you with any windshield repair or replacement. Schedule your appointment today!