Windshield Repair and Replacement
Windshield damage is not an auto repair you can afford to wait to complete. Over time the damage grows larger and your options for windshield crack repair diminish rapidly. Glass Doctor® of Sewell NJ specializes in auto glass repair and replacement, and we will work with you to find a solution that restores the structural strength of your vehicle and fits your budget.
Determining the Best Service
At Glass Doctor of Sewell NJ we use a three-pronged analysis to determine if windshield crack repair or replacement is your best choice.
- Location: Small chips on the passenger’s side of the windshield or away from the edges of the glass are usually eligible for repair. Replacement is the only option in two cases: If the cracks extend to the edge of the windshield there is some concern about the overall integrity of the glass, so it must be replaced. Additionally, damages that sits in the driver’s line of sight requires replacement because even the best repairs leave opaque areas that limit visibility.
- Size: The smaller the crack, the easier it is to repair. Typically chips smaller than 3/8 inch and cracks under three inches can be repaired.
- Time Since Damage Occurred: In order for repairs to seal properly, the glass must be clean and free of debris. Cracks that are left untreated for several weeks attract too much build up for windshield crack repair.
The cheapest and fastest solution, windshield repair is the go to choice in most circumstances. Glass Doctor of Sewell NJ performs repairs to most windshields in a matter of minutes. We start by cleaning the damaged area, so the repair resin will stick. We then apply the resin with our custom tools that inject the material deep into the crack and leave the seal flush with the rest of the windshield. Finally, once the resin sets, the final step is to polish the glass leaving a slightly visible outline in the repair area.
We prioritize repairs for our customers not only because of the financial benefits, but because repairs are environmentally friendly. Instead of throwing a mostly good piece of glass into a landfill, you protect the environment with your repair.
The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) estimates more than half of a vehicle's structural integrity is tied to the windshield. A strong piece of glass is crucial to your family's safety. When the windshield cracks, the integrity erodes quickly, and only gets worse with each passing day. Should you need a replacement, we adhere to the council’s standards for quality to ensure a safe and proper installation.
During the installation of your new windshield we:
- Remove and clean the area around the glass to prevent leaks or damage to your seals
- Match your windshield to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended glass
- Install the new windshield
- Enforce a one hour waiting period so that the bonding agents have time to cure and hold the glass in place
All windshield replacement are covered under the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. This plan covers your vehicle for the next year. Under the guarantee, we repair small chips and cracks for free, and provide one free replacement of the glass if it becomes damaged beyond repair.
Superior Auto Glass Care
The Glass Doctor of Sewell NJ team strives to take the hassle out of windshield crack repair or replacement. We will file insurance paperwork on your behalf, after you verify coverage, so you don’t have to worry about spending hours on the phone fighting for reimbursement.
Cracked windshields are a serious safety concern, and should be addressed right away. Contact us to schedule an appointment.