Windshield Repair and Replacement
Discovering your windshield has developed a crack is a stressful situation. Don't second guess your need for repair! Glass Doctor of Rockville® specialists will take immediate action to ensure the damage does not worsen. We specialize in windshield crack repair and glass replacement; our team considers a variety of factors to determine if your windshield should be repaired or replaced:
- Size: Generally, windshield crack repair is possible if the crack in your windshield is less than three inches long. Shallow chips less than 3/8 inch deep can also be repaired in most cases.
- Location: When your windshield is damaged directly in your line of vision, replacement is usually necessary for your safety. Splintering cracks near the edge of the windshield require replacement due to their tendency to spread.
- Timespan: When chips and cracks go unattended for a long period of time, they may accumulate dirt and debris, making repairs impossible.
Don't let a damaged windshield threaten the safety of your family. The team at Glass Doctor of Rockville has the skills and experience to get your vehicle safely back on the road. Our specialists work with all major insurance carriers, and we will complete and file insurance paperwork for you. We do advise you to contact your local agent to check your coverage before you bring your vehicle in for service.
No matter how severely damaged your windshield may be, our experts always restore the structural integrity of your car and the safety of its occupants. Our experts always repair your windshield whenever it is possible. Benefits of repair include:
- Convenience: Our team often completes repairs within an hour.
- Cost: Replacing your windshield allows us to offer you considerable savings.
- Insurance: Many insurance companies will waive your deductible for windshield repairs, making it essentially free for you.
- Environment: By repairing your windshield, we avoid sending old auto glass to a local landfill.
The Glass Doctor of Rockville team uses specialized equipment to repair your windshield, first removing debris from the impacted area, and then creating a passageway for the repair resin. We inject a special resin into the damaged area, and then cure and polish the resin to a clear finish.
Your windshield accounts for as much as 60% of your vehicle's structural integrity in a rollover accident, according to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). When your windshield is damaged, a timely replacement is essential for safety. Our experts go through a rigorous procedure to make sure your windshield is replaced to the highest standards.
- Your old windshield is removed carefully to avoid damaging the paint or bonding surface.
- Our specialists select a new windshield matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality for installation.
- We install your new windshield using only AGSC-approved techniques and adhesives.
- The cure-time is observed to ensure a successful bond.
Every replacement a Glass Doctor of Rockville specialist completes is protected by our G12 Road Hazard Guarantee. Any repairs to your new windshield are covered for 12 months.
Quality Auto Glass Care
When your windshield is damaged, don't delay. Contact Glass Doctor of Rockville and entrust our team of qualified auto glass specialists with your vehicle. We care for vehicles throughout Potomac, Bethesda, Silver Springs and the surrounding areas.