Shower Doors & Tub Enclosures
For every person, showering offers meets a different need. It not only refreshes and energizes, but studies have shown showers improve circulation and reduces inflammation. Recharge your shower with a new glass enclosure or doors. Glass shower doors enhance the appearance of your bathroom and make cleaning easy. Glass Doctor® of Rockville has a wide variety of glass shower doors and tub enclosures available to satisfy the tastes of the even the most discerning homeowner.
Custom Shower Door Installation Options
Glass Doctor of Rockville offers a variety of enclosure styles to complement your bathroom's architectural style and decor.
- Frameless: Frameless glass shower doors accentuate the natural light of the room and makes the space look and feel more lavish. It usually combines with heavy, thick glass and special low unobtrusive hardware.
- Semi-frameless: Consists of a combination of frameless and framed features, you can choose clear glass or pattern glass. The unit provides key support for the door hinges and adjacent glass panel. The door edges are frameless.
- Fully framed: This kind of enclosure consists of lighter-weight glass with structural framing on all sides, which support the hinges and hardware. The handle mounts to one edge of the metal frame.
Attractive glass shower doors enclosures easily become the focal point of any bathroom and add value to your home.
Visit our resources to gather some great ideas about glass shower doors.
- Shower Door Gallery
- Shower Door Accessories
- Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- Ordering and Installation
- Clear Choice™ Protectant
Pre-Design and Installation Considerations
Our glass experts are ready to lead you through each step of adding a glass shower to your home. We will discuss your design, budget and maintenance. Before you begin, you will need to consider the following factors:
- Configuration: Verify the type of wall material in the installation space, such as drywall or tiles, and the location of the wall studs. Knowing these factors helps our specialists determine the maximum weight of shower glass your bathroom walls will support safely.
- Shower fixture: Choose a shower head that has the spray style, pattern and jet intensity that you desire and will not spray water out to the enclosure. It must also fit your budget.
- Accurate measurements: To avoid delays in the installation process and achieve a precise installation, schedule an appointment with our team. We will perform an expert measurement and provide you with the complete cost for materials and installation.
- Ventilation: To prevent moisture build up, which could lead to problems with peeling paint or cause mold, our specialist will perform a ventilation assessment of tiled shower enclosure area. If required, Glass Doctor of Rockville can install a glass steam room kit to enhance the ventilation.
To learn more about custom shower doors for your bathroom, contact Glass Doctor of Rockville for an in-home consultation. Our expert will love to show you a range of shower or tub enclosure design and installation options.