Windshield Repair and Replacement
Whether you need to repair minor chips and cracks or install a new windshield, Glass Doctor® of Phoenix provides quality auto glass services on all vehicles. Our team is committed to fixing your vehicle as soon as it is damaged.
The first step in auto glass safety is determining whether you need windshield repair or replacement services. This depends on:
- Location: If the edges of your windshield have cracked, the damage is likely to spread throughout the glass, making replacement necessary. A replacement is also necessary is the damage is in the driver’s line of sight.
- Length of Time: Repair is usually possible if you get your windshield serviced immediately, but the longer you wait, the more likely that debris and dirt will build up in the damaged area, compromising the windshield and making replacement necessary.
- Size: You should replace any windshield containing cracks that are more than three inches long or chips that are larger than 3/8 inch.
We accept all major insurance plans and we are happy to file the claim for you. If your windshield is damaged, contact your insurance company to verify your auto policy. Don’t leave your passengers’ safety to chance; let Glass Doctor of Phoenix restore your vehicle’s integrity.
When repair is possible, we recommends it over replacement, as repairing a windshield is:
- Less Expensive: Minor repairs cost so little that your insurance may cover it completely.
- More Convenient: Our repair team takes less than an hour to repair most windshields.
- Better for the Environment: Repairing your old windshield means less glass will end up in a landfill.
Our windshield repair team begins by cleaning dirt and debris out of the damaged area. We then drill a passage through the area and insert a resin, which bonds to the surface of the glass. We carefully cure the resin and polish it to make sure that you can see through the windshield without obstacles.
If your windshield has been compromised to the point that you cannot repair it, installing a new one is imperative. Most cars rely on their windshields to provide 60% of their structural integrity during rollover accidents. The sooner you replace your windshield, the less danger you and your passengers will face.
When replacing a windshield, the specialists begin by carefully removing the old windshield without damaging the car's bonding surface or paint. We then select a new windshield, making sure it is of the same quality as the one that the original manufacturer made. We coat the perimeter with an adhesive, install the windshield and wait an hour for the adhesive to cure. Throughout this process, we follow the Auto Glass Safety Council's™ (AGSC) guidelines for selecting materials and installing new auto glass. All of our windshields come with the G12® Windshield Road Hazard Guarantee, a warranty that provides free repairs and replacements if your windshield is damaged within the following year.
When your windshield suffers damaged, schedule an appointment with Glass Doctor of Phoenix.