Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your damaged windshield needs to be repaired or replaced, Glass Doctor® of Eastern Pennsylvania will be able to fix it. Damaged windshields always need to be repaired or replaced immediately, or the integrity of your vehicle may suffer and the safety of its passengers could be compromised.
Windshield Repair or Replacement
When deciding whether to repair or replace your windshield, Glass Doctor of Eastern Pennsylvania considers a few factors to deliver the best course of action for your vehicle.
- The size of the chip or crack will determine the course of action necessary.
- Putting off repair to a damaged windshield makes it more difficult to fix due to dirt and debris build up in the damaged area. The longer you wait, the higher the probability that your windshield will need to be replaced.
Repairing a windshield is preferable to replacing it for several reasons.
- Windshield repair is more affordable.
- Repair is more convenient, as it usually only takes an hour for our glass specialists to complete the windshield repair.
- Repairing your windshield is better for the environment. Replacement will require that your old windshield be sent to a landfill.
When our auto glass specialists repair your windshield, they first clean all the debris from the damaged area. They will then inject a special resin into the impacted area. Once the resin cures, Philadelphia glass specialists will polish it to a clear finish.
When our Philadelphia glass specialists replace your windshield, they carefully removed the damaged glass to minimize damage to the bonding surface. If the removal of the damaged windshield is not done correctly, your new windshield may leak. Glass Doctor of Eastern Pennsylvania will then choose a new windshield for your vehicle, matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality. Our auto glass specialists use adhesives approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) and adhere to their procedures for replacing.
Glass Doctor of Eastern Pennsylvania stands behind it’s work an offers a G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which will repair or replace your windshield for free if it is damaged within the first 12 months.
Before you have windshield repair work done, contact your insurance company to check on your auto coverage. All major insurance companies work with Glass Doctor of Eastern Pennsylvania and we will even file your claim for you.
If you need windshield work done to your vehicle, contact Glass Doctor of Eastern Pennsylvania today!