Mirrors are an affordable addition that can complete the look of a home. As one of the top tricks in a designer's toolbox, mirrors not only make a statement, but also offer several benefits. Glass Doctor® of Pascagoula is your local glass specialist with extensive experience creating custom glass pieces. If you're looking to bring a your home's overall design aesthetic together with custom mirrors, let our experts help.
Beautiful Custom Mirror Additions
Create Depth and the Illusion of Space
The primary benefit of any mirror is the ability to add the illusion of space. The way a mirror works is by reflecting light, broadening the room and allowing it not to feel so weighted down. A mirror also tricks the eye. Placing mirrors strategically can open a small room or cramped hallway. To learn more about how to use mirrors or to have custom mirrors made, schedule an in-home consultation with a Glass Doctor of Pascagoula specialist.
Some ways to use custom mirrors to expand your space are:
- Mirrored wall: Open a room by using full wall. Try it in a hallway or in a tiny room across from a window.
- Cabinet fronts: Glass front cabinets can be transformed by making them mirror fronts. Not only can you mask clutter, but you'll add depth.
- Statement mirrors: A long, horizontal custom mirror above a fireplace lends an airy feel to your space.
Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
Art is an extension of your personality, and it deserves to be displayed in the best manner possible. Mirrors accentuate without detracting from the piece. By creating custom displays, you're able to show off art from any angle. Mirrors can be an art piece as well. When you work with Glass Doctor of Pascagoula, you can choose from a variety of edges, finishes, tints and frames.
Some ways to use mirror for or as art include:
- Mirrored shelves: Show off art at every angle while adding reflective light to showcase your favorite pieces.
- Hanging mirrors: Reflect a room's focal point or highlight an art piece by hanging a mirror in the right spot.
- Framed mirrors: A decorative frame adds character by acting as another piece of art.
Enhance Your Home's Natural Light
Use a mirror near a fireplace, window or any other light source to produce additional lighting. It can open a room, making in feel brighter and more spacious. Mirrors are excellent in small or dim spaces, helping to bounce what little light there is evenly throughout the area.
Add more light to your home by using:
- Bedroom mirrors: Add mirrors to the closet door, or hang one across from a lamp or window.
- Mirror groupings: Turn your mirror into a decorative grouping of different sizes and shapes while expanding light throughout the room.
Mirrors Made to Impress
Mirrors are more than light sources and illusion creators, they also perform a beneficial function. Use full-length mirrors in an entryway, closet, bathroom or bedroom to get a full glimpse of your appearance before you go.
Our specialist can:
- Install full-length framed mirrors: Add an arty and helpful touch near an entry. It's ideal for that final check, and makes a great first impression when you walk in the door.
- Floor-to-ceiling mirrors: Have your own dressing room in a walk-in closet by installing a floor-to-ceiling mirror.
Our glass specialists can make your custom mirror projects come to life. Contact Glass Doctor of Pascagoula today to schedule your free consultation.