Windshield Repair and Replacement
We consider several factors when we decide whether to repair or replace your windshield, including the size of the chip and its location. Repairs are always preferred over a replacement because of the convenience and price.
A small crack or ship may not seem like much, but over time, it will compromise your windshield. Windshields keep you safe during crashes; so timely windshield ship repair is crucial. Glass Doctor of Charleston, SC, offers quality repairs for all types of windshield damage. We will fix your windshield whenever possible, and if the damage is too great for the glass to survive, we'll install a new windshield.
When determining whether to replace or repair a windshield, we take the following details into account:
- Extent: Chips can only be replaced if they are smaller than 3/8/ an inch, while cracks must be shorter than three inches.
- Location: Because repairs still leave a mark on the windshield, repair is impossible if the chip or crack is in your line of sight. We also must replace windshields that are cracked on the outer edge, as such cracks spread quickly.
- Time: The longer windshield damage is left to fester, the more debris will get caught in it, making repair impossible.
We are committed to fixing windshield damage as soon as possible, so we will help you file your insurance claim. We accept insurance from all the major providers, but recommend you consult your agent before setting an appointment for our windshield chip repair services.
We strive to repair windshield whenever possible, and recommend you promptly repair any damage.
Opting for repair allows you to save:
- Time: Repairs usually take approximately 30 minutes.
- Money: Repairs are always less expensive and often free.
- The Planet: Conducting a repair means no glass ends up in a landfill and no energy or resources have to manufacture a new windshield.
- Your Insurance Premiums: Insurance providers often cover the cost of windshield chip entirely.
We begin the rapid process by cleaning debris away from the damaged area and drilling a space for resin. A specialist applies the resin with the help of a tool that makes it bond to the glass's surface. Finally, we cure and polish the resin, hardening it into new glass to match the original.
During rollover accidents, your car will rely on the windshield for more than half of its structural integrity, which is why it is imperative you replace a compromised windshield immediately. We follow these steps to ensure the new windshield is installed correctly:
- We remove the old windshield, making sure not to damage the car's surface or paint in the process.
- We select a new windshield of the same quality as the original equipment manufacturer's.
- We apply adhesives, which must be approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council.
- We wait for the adhesive to cure and harden, ensuring the new windshield is secure.
While your new windshield sets, our team will explain our G12 Road Hazard Warranty. The guarantee covers the cost of glass and all repairs made within the next year.
Don't take a chance on your car's safety. Contact us today for affordable, quality auto glass care.