About Glass Doctor of Newport News
Edwin Cape decided in 2015 to obtain the Glass Doctor of Newport News franchise. It was added to the Glass Doctor of Virginia Beach franchise. This resulted in a single full-service glass company to meet customer’s glass repair needs from Williamsburg to Virginia Beach. This resulted in the largest full service glass replacement company in southeastern, Virginia. We provide frameless showers, double pane windows, and windshields.
Edwin has three engineering degrees. He started out his career working for GE as a field engineer and then moved into management. He grew and developed service businesses for GE and Alvey Systems. In 2003 he opened up his first franchise in Newport News and has grown it into the largest residential cleaning business in the area. In 2006 he purchased the Glass Doctor territory in Virginia Beach.
Glass Doctor now serves the entire Hampton Roads area from Williamsburg through Virginia Beach. We provide glass repair services. Glass Doctor is a franchised organization with offices located across the United States and Canada.
We provide services for broken window glass, store fronts, showers, and auto glass.
Glass Doctor of Newport News supports the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia. We are one of the oldest drop off points for the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia in our area. This makes it convenient local residences and churches to drop off donations. Glass Doctor also donates glass repair services to the Food Bank.
- Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner for 2013, 2014, and 2015 for Glass & Mirrors and Windows
- Served 7 years on the Glass Doctor Leadership Council. The Leadership Council is an elected group of franchise owners that provide feedback and direction to the franchise to improve sales and operations at the franchise owner level in the organization.
- In 1949 Norfolk Glass and Mirror opened in downtown Norfolk. The shop provided full service glass repair.
- In 1992 Norfolk Glass and Mirror was purchased by Harmon AutoGlass a nationwide provider of auto glass repair and replacement.
- In 2004 the Dwyer Group purchased Harmon AutoGlass. Glass Doctor one of the Dwyer Groups franchises converted the Virginia Beach store.
- In 2006, the Harmon AutoGlass store was converted over to a Glass Doctor Franchise operated store. This allowed for local ownership and control with a national presence. Glass Doctor provides full service glass repair services for Homes, Auto, and Business’s needs.
- In 2015 the Glass Doctor territory was expanded to include the Peninsula (Williamsburg, Newport News, Yorktown, Seaford, and Hampton).
- There are over 400 Glass Doctor locations across the United States of America and Canada. Glass Doctor is the largest full-service glass provider in North America.
Keep up with Glass Doctor through our press releases, stories and periodic updates. For information, or to arrange an interview with the president of Glass Doctor, please contact our media department at 254-537-0649 or PR@dwyergroup.com.
For inquiries or appointments, feel free to contact your local Glass Doctor.
Begin your new and exciting career path as a glass specialist today. Start your journey with Glass Doctor by completing of our online application.
Code of Values
Glass Doctor is now one of seven service brands owned by The Dwyer Group. Each brand shares a Code of Values and culture to live by, which not only outline how we work in a professional environment, but also how we live our daily lives.
We live our Code of Values by ...
… treating others as we would like to be treated.
… listening with the intent to understand what is being said and acknowledging that what is said is important to the speaker.
… responding in a timely fashion.
… speaking calmly, and respectfully, without profanity or sarcasm.
… acknowledging everyone as right from their own perspective.
… making only agreements we are willing, able and intend to keep.
… communicating any potentially broken agreements at the first appropriate opportunity to all parties concerned.
… looking to the system for correction and proposing all possible solutions if something is not working.
… operating in a responsible manner: "above the line."
… communicating honestly and with purpose.
… asking clarifying questions if we disagree or do not understand.
… never saying anything about anyone that we would not say to him or her.
… continuously striving to maximize internal and external customer loyalty.
… making our best effort to understand and appreciate the customer’s needs in every situation.
Having Fun in the Process!