Windshield Repair and Replacement
A damage-free windshield is essential to driving safety. If your windshield is chipped or cracked, rely on Glass Doctor® of New Iberia. Our specialists repair many cracks and chips without replacing your vehicle’s glass. Our mobile unit will come to your location for the most convenient windshield repair service.
Windshield Repair or Replacement
To decide if windshield repair is possible or if replacement is required for safety, Glass Doctor of New Iberia considers:
- Damaged dimensions: Windshield cracks over three inches in length and chips larger than 3/8 an inch indicate the need for windshield replacement.
- Functional issues:Windshield cracks at the edge of the glass tend to spread, making a full replacement necessary. Similarly, if the crack or chip is located within the driver’s line of vision, a replacement is also necessary.
- Age: How long the windshield damage has existed is important. After awhile, debris accumulates in the damaged area, so a clean and clear repair becomes impossible.
Windshield Repair Advantages
Windshield repairs are our preferred solution to windshield damage. We recommend repair over replacement when safe to do so because:
- Highly convenient: Glass Doctor of New Iberia often completes windshield repairs in less than hour.
- Low cost: Windshield repair has a lower price tag than replacement.
- Better insurance coverage: Insurance companies save money with repair, so sometimes the comapany waives the deductible and windshield repair may cost you nothing.
- Environmentally friendly: When we repair your windshield, rather than installing a new one, nothing gets dumped in the landfill.
Glass Doctor of New Iberia cleans any dirt from the chipped area or windshield crack, then drills a smooth fill area for the injection of special windshield repair resin. After the resin cures, we polish the area for clarity.
Windshield Replacement Process
If your windshield requires replacement, Glass Doctor of New Iberia follows Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) prescribed steps:
- We carefully remove the cracked windshield to prevent damaged paint or bonding and potential rust.
- Using a new windshield of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality, we apply AGSC approved adhesives and place the windshield properly.
- The adhesive cures; after the dry time, elaspses your vehicle is ready to drive.
- Before you leave, we’ll go over our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which covers you should the new windshield become damaged within 12 months. If that happens, Glass Doctor of New Iberia will fix the windshield for free. If repair is impossible, we'll replace the pane.